What makes for a good update/letter of intent this late in the game?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frochocinco

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently waiting to hear back from a school that I interviewed at back in January. Aside from the small percentage of acceptances they offer shortly after interviews, this school waits until mid-April to release the majority of their decisions.

With about 1-2 weeks prior to the release of these decisions, what would be good content for an update/letter of intent? I feel like it might not have a huge impact on where I stand in their rank, but I also want to be sure to express my genuine desire (if I get in here, I'll almost certainly go).

My biggest conundrum is that I already mentioned a majority of my reasons for wanting to go in an update prior to receiving an interview. I'll mention a few specifics from my interview day, but I really don't want to repeat what I already said in my previous update.

Any suggestions? (PM me if you want the specific school)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would just wait it out for 1-2 more weeks.
Honestly, a letter in which you reiterate what you already said in person isn't going to help as much as you think. Just my opinion.
The school knows you want to attend there in the fact that you applied there and interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
It is highly unlikely you'll get pulled off the waitlist with a LOI. We've rehashed over and over again that they generally go straight into the trash.

It is highly unlikely you'll get pulled off the waitlist with a LOI. We've rehashed over and over again that they generally go straight into the trash.
I'm not on the waitlist...they haven't sent out all of their acceptances or finalized their waitlist. That happens within the next two weeks.