What material did you use for Gchem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfree1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AHH~ Gchem is my worst subject, always has been
I heard that the blue kaplan book and Destroyer is very good.
I'm going through both of them but I find going through destroyer problem too challenging right now,
and the problems are in random order, it would be nice to find a material that has organized problems by the topic.
Do you recomend any study guides or practice material?

ps. how is Exam krackers chemistry? I happen to have one, is it any good?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can get your hands on this book Princeton Review MCAT Hyperlearning Physical Sciences book it would be great. I used this book and it really explains all the concepts really well. Its offered from the Princeton Review MCAT course so see if one of your pre-med buddies took that course and has a book that they are willing to lend you for a little bit. I have heard EK Chemistry book is good too, but I do not have personal experience with it.

Ive also found MCAT review material to be very good in explaining the concepts. Destroyer is also pretty good in that it really lets you know what you DONT KNOW! so you can go back and really look at the particular subject in more detail.

Yesterday I borrowed 2 AP chemistry books (Kaplan and Princeton Review) and they're pretty good when it comes to supplementing Kaplan. IMO Kaplan builds a good base, but there are some important details they leave out that can really hinder you from truly grasping the material. I almost feel as though Kaplan was written for people who are still pretty fresh with the material. Personally for me it has been over 3 years since I took GCHEM so its nice having some backup. Good luck studying.

Kaplan blue book is a great Gchem review- as you go along any topics that you feel you need brushing up on go to your text book. also dont attempt destroyer until after you feel like you know your stuff.