what matters more for u ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nokia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys , i`m just curious to know ...
why did u guys choose medical field ...
is it money ?
fame ?
reputation ?
feel for the ppl ?
coz of parents ?
what exactly ???

starting with me ...i chose coz my friend chose it ! well , that`s how it happened ...but partly coz i never scored good in maths except in 10th std . so when i had the chance to choose b/t biology & maths , i chose the former. what i wanted to b , was a scientist . so even now i `m looking for the ways to ba scientist rather than a doc . Being in MBBS from last 4 years ....i feel taht i`m not made for this role of a doc coz ...i`m a emotional kind of aguy ..infact very emotional when i see poor , miserable patients . my heart really cries out . so one can say that in fact i should become a doc to help them out . well being emotional or rather emotional fool , i can`t even see them in such conditions . going to hospital is tough for me !
well ...taht`s my story .......how abt u guys ??

Members don't see this ad.

The hospital gives you free parking.

well i hate people more than i hate life, so i'll become a surgeon. i can cut people open. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
ditto!same here too! :)
nokia said:
is it money ?
fame ?
reputation ?
feel for the ppl ?
coz of parents ?
what exactly ???

starting with me ...i chose coz my friend chose it ! well , that`s how it happened ...but partly coz i never scored good in maths except in 10th std . so when i had the chance to choose b/t biology & maths , i chose the former. what i wanted to b , was a scientist . so even now i `m looking for the ways to ba scientist rather than a doc . Being in MBBS from last 4 years ....i feel taht i`m not made for this role of a doc coz ...i`m a emotional kind of aguy ..infact very emotional when i see poor , miserable patients . my heart really cries out . so one can say that in fact i should become a doc to help them out . well being emotional or rather emotional fool , i can`t even see them in such conditions . going to hospital is tough for me !

nokia said:
is it money ?
fame ?
reputation ?
feel for the ppl ?
coz of parents ?
what exactly ???

GOSH! i thought i was the only emotional fool...so i didn't go for medicine...i chose pharmacy instead...but i really want to go into drug R&D eventually...starting with being a pharmacist first....i figured i could do good that way too, help people-counsel people and make sure medications are used safely and effectively....and i have the aspiration of being a scientist too...so couple years after a pharmD i plan to go get a PhD to go into R&D...

As for your current exp with medicine....its so tough to see people suffer...but you'll get stronger...and because you care..you'll make a great doc...its tough for most new doctors ...when they see the pain& helplessness ...but just hang in there....you'll soon realize why you became a doc...and you'll realize that you can help relieve some of the suffering...and do so much good...and it will be very fulfilling for you then....

All that we can hope for in life is to do something worthwhile--something which is beneficial to the society and a fulflling way to utilize our skills ....that provides satisfaction....it takes time to get there though...
but you;ve worked hard...and you have the education people struggle to get...you'll be happy....soon... ;)

saffronrain said:
well i hate people more than i hate life, so i'll become a surgeon. i can cut people open. :D
well saff , if u r damn serious , then i wud say what u r gonna do is push docs away from ppl more. u see ppl say docs do`t care for the patient . they se patient as cases . the bigger the degrees u have ( or more ) , more inapproachable , more out of touch with patients u become . i think if u going to b a surgeon & ur reason for this u hate ppl more than the life , its`not gonna help US ( the docs ). holistic approach towards the pts is the need of the hour !
BTW r u aware of the fact that in a survey conducted in USA , it was found that death rate fell down when in a community when ppl stopped visiting the hospital ! it`s true .....

hopeful05 said:
GOSH! i thought i was the only emotional fool...so i didn't go for medicine...i chose pharmacy instead...but i really want to go into drug R&D eventually...starting with being a pharmacist first....i figured i could do good that way too, help people-counsel people and make sure medications are used safely and effectively....and i have the aspiration of being a scientist too...so couple years after a pharmD i plan to go get a PhD to go into R&D...

As for your current exp with medicine....its so tough to see people suffer...but you'll get stronger...and because you care..you'll make a great doc...its tough for most new doctors ...when they see the pain& helplessness ...but just hang in there....you'll soon realize why you became a doc...and you'll realize that you can help relieve some of the suffering...and do so much good...and it will be very fulfilling for you then....

All that we can hope for in life is to do something worthwhile--something which is beneficial to the society and a fulflling way to utilize our skills ....that provides satisfaction....it takes time to get there though...
but you;ve worked hard...and you have the education people struggle to get...you'll be happy....soon... ;)

wow wow ............we got anew club i guess...emotional fools club ! lol ..no offence .

hey hopeful ..nice to meet ya .
actually i`m not in speacility yet . so i hav`t chosen medicine or any other specility as yet . but i have ben thinking alot abt it . after all it`s a decision that`s gonna change my life forever . i had though abt joing MD pharmacology . but i somehow cud`t convince myself ..there r a few reasons for this ..most imp being when one gets into R & D in drug company what oen does , i think won`t help ppl a great deal . well it`s not exactly like thta whta i said . u see drug comp[anies use more money on marketing of adrug than on research . it takes years to develop a drug & i think ...hmm....let me give some example ...forexample , take antimicrobials ... now what i believe is that ...it`s race b/n microbes & humans .. sometimes they r ahead , sometimes we ....u see ..these diseases will never cease to exist. there will always b newly emerging infections & remerging infections . I just think that this race will go on forever ..what we got to do is change the approach .....e.g. the rise of socio-economic status of acountry has a BIIIG role in eliminationof diseases ( communicable ones ) . so what we need is a holistic approach ..with education , health , political will etc .. to fight out these diseases . & until these things hapen i think ...what`s gonn ahppen is these drug companies gonna grow bigger & bigger ,,u know how costly these drugs r . though third world countries get subsidy ( i`m not sure ) so drugs r a lot cheaper in subcontinent . somehow i feel , most probaly i`m fooling myself withthat , the we scientists r doing for the MNCs not for ppl as much . at the moment my thinking sia bit blured ..but i`m sure i`ll get some response from u on this topic .

saffronrain said:

I'll follow you dear :love: :love: :p :p :p

I hope you are being a good sport ;)

nokia said:
well saff , if u r damn serious , then i wud say what u r gonna do is push docs away from ppl more. u see ppl say docs do`t care for the patient . they se patient as cases . the bigger the degrees u have ( or more ) , more inapproachable , more out of touch with patients u become . i think if u going to b a surgeon & ur reason for this u hate ppl more than the life , its`not gonna help US ( the docs ). holistic approach towards the pts is the need of the hour !
BTW r u aware of the fact that in a survey conducted in USA , it was found that death rate fell down when in a community when ppl stopped visiting the hospital ! it`s true .....

uh.. i was joking. :rolleyes:

Premedtomed said:
I'll follow you dear :love: :love: :p :p :p

I hope you are being a good sport ;)

okay okay i know you love me and all ;) but please stop calling me "dear." :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
nokia said:

it's okay! i'm really sarcastic and i forget that ppl can't tell sarcasm thru comps. lol

saffronrain said:
it's okay! i'm really sarcastic and i forget that ppl can't tell sarcasm thru comps. lol
well ...i think we`ll have to wait for the next evolution in PC ..when we cud sneak into the computers & come out somewhere else ..till then ...we`ll have to tackle ur sarcasms ! ;)

You know Nokia, I struggle with that question everyday- Why do I want to become a doctor? And I just don't know. I know the admissions people are going to ask me that if I get any interviews, and to be honest, I have no idea how I'll answer that.
I've wanted to become a doctor ever since I can remember my thoughts.. ever since I was little. I've wanted to help out, cure diseases, and be a "hero." I just don't know... I know that being a doctor has more to it than all I mentioned... I don't necessarily care for people, but I care about their health. That probably made no sense whatsoever. I like listening to people's problems, etc.. but I think I'm just extremely interested in the human body and how it functions in response to different things. Sure, I could have chosen to major in Physical Therapy or Exercise Science, but I like details. I'm a Biology major and I like going into depth- to the cellular level.
I don't know why I want to receive an M.D. but I just know that that's what I have to be. :)

nokia said:
wow wow ............we got anew club i guess...emotional fools club ! lol ..no offence .

hey hopeful ..nice to meet ya .
actually i`m not in speacility yet . so i hav`t chosen medicine or any other specility as yet . but i have ben thinking alot abt it . after all it`s a decision that`s gonna change my life forever . i had though abt joing MD pharmacology . but i somehow cud`t convince myself ..there r a few reasons for this ..most imp being when one gets into R & D in drug company what oen does , i think won`t help ppl a great deal . well it`s not exactly like thta whta i said . u see drug comp[anies use more money on marketing of adrug than on research . it takes years to develop a drug & i think ...hmm....let me give some example ...forexample , take antimicrobials ... now what i believe is that ...it`s race b/n microbes & humans .. sometimes they r ahead , sometimes we ....u see ..these diseases will never cease to exist. there will always b newly emerging infections & remerging infections . I just think that this race will go on forever ..what we got to do is change the approach .....e.g. the rise of socio-economic status of acountry has a BIIIG role in eliminationof diseases ( communicable ones ) . so what we need is a holistic approach ..with education , health , political will etc .. to fight out these diseases . & until these things hapen i think ...what`s gonn ahppen is these drug companies gonna grow bigger & bigger ,,u know how costly these drugs r . though third world countries get subsidy ( i`m not sure ) so drugs r a lot cheaper in subcontinent . somehow i feel , most probaly i`m fooling myself withthat , the we scientists r doing for the MNCs not for ppl as much . at the moment my thinking sia bit blured ..but i`m sure i`ll get some response from u on this topic .
Hi nokia...nice to meet you too...i am the other tina in this forum... ;)
Well…first I agree with you about the need for a more holistic approach… :thumbup: which is why each member of the heath care team is so important in that they can do so much to help in this… people need to learn how they can make healthy life choices and ward off all these nasty :smuggrin: diseases….the education would help them make the right decisions....doctor’s ofcourse help in education of patients, but they are usually really busy with treatment to be able to do much abt prevention. But I really believe that pharmacists are, infact, the most accessible… and you can go ask them questions regarding prevention, treatments, concerns etc..ofcourse they will tell you to go see a doctor in case of a serious condition…that’s their duty….but its all about being there…
The education you get is for a cause- and that is to help other people any way you can…as a healthcare team member it is your duty to spread awareness
Yeah drug companies do spend a lot on marketing…its a sad truth :( …it would be one thing if they were trying to sell their brand for R&D money and some profit…but it does seem to be all about the profit…but that does not discourage me…nor does that fact that it takes so long to develop treatments….you said it yourself…it’s a race between humans, and microbes as they develop into resistant strains, and the available drugs are not options anymore… but to win…..we have to keep fighting the race… keep fighting to better the human experience…. we have to keep developing the medication, and designing new drugs….. to find new pathways to target for treatment…alternative treatments ….preventative measures……sound education in schools…and awareness camps for other people….
To do any of that….we need people…to accept the challenge, People who are motivated and driven to find the solutions, People who are ready to work with new approaches….
That’s the problem with anti-cancer drugs….all researchers keep replicating slightly modified studies to show the activity of the drugs in animal models..when, infact, when it comes to cancer..wht works for a rat does not work in humans….same for AIDs….we just really need to start over with a different approach…present approches target relief of symptoms...why not cures...i am sure if you go back in time people thought some of the curable diseases today had no hope...
The problem really is that people who go into research are so centered on accomplishments, and getting publications…and scared of time…so they are content with small studies that lead nowhere…no one wants to step away from the herd and profess an alternative view….a novel approach……also because its tough to get financial backing for such researches….we just have to get out of what is safe and try domains which we have not ventured into…..that’s what leads to real scientific developments and discoveries…..but there are some dedicated people out there...and i am thankful for them and their efforts..... :)
And I really am willing to work for that…..you have no idea how crazy and passionate I am about this….I am going to do whatever I can….whatever my abilities allow…But I think motivation is the first requirement…and man! I have that covered…. ;)

sunny123 said:
The hospital gives you free parking.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
...and the one-liners are back!

nokia said:
blame it on nosocomial infections :smuggrin:

saffronrain said:
You know Nokia, I struggle with that question everyday- Why do I want to become a doctor? And I just don't know. I know the admissions people are going to ask me that if I get any interviews, and to be honest, I have no idea how I'll answer that.
I've wanted to become a doctor ever since I can remember my thoughts.. ever since I was little. I've wanted to help out, cure diseases, and be a "hero." I just don't know... I know that being a doctor has more to it than all I mentioned... I don't necessarily care for people, but I care about their health. That probably made no sense whatsoever. I like listening to people's problems, etc.. but I think I'm just extremely interested in the human body and how it functions in response to different things. Sure, I could have chosen to major in Physical Therapy or Exercise Science, but I like details. I'm a Biology major and I like going into depth- to the cellular level.
I don't know why I want to receive an M.D. but I just know that that's what I have to be. :)
You could say that it's a passion. And that it's hard to express in words but the more you are exposed to medicine, the stronger you feel that it is the most fulfilling career for you ...how's that :D
...but I know, it's totally stressing during interviews because you want to say some things and hope they come out right because sometimes it does sound a lot better in your head :luck:

Breaking bones lawfully- and getting paid for it!

nokia said:

Though I was always poor at maths I wanted to pursue engineering.Since i was never sure about my maths my parents advised me to keep an option open after 12th thats why I took PCMB. That decision paid off since i could only score 57 out 100 marks in maths....... :( so no chance of a good engineering seat!!!!! I am in medicine becoz i couldnt go in engineering!!!!! but it is not like that i dont love biology or i poor at it... But maths has always frustrated me. Even now when it comes to biostatistics in PSM i often goof up. i was relieved of my inferiority complex about maths when i learned that i wasnt the only person who was in medicine coz he couldnt do his math. there are plenty of people around who r like me.

I tried everything to excel in maths but it was futile. I even tried vedic mathematics but nothing could save me from disaster. I can do algebra fairly but geometry oh my gooooood!!!!......i cant. conics was absolutely terrible.

saffronrain said:

hey saff ! this story of urs was written with a lot of passion , straight fro ur heart . i can taste it . u have touched me somewhere in my heart ! u know what i used to think that there won`t b anyone nerdy , passionate fool , so emotional like me . but i`m here have found some company , i guess . as long as i remember , i always wanted to ba scientist . now sciewntist is such a broad term ..it can lead u to anywhere . i have grown up reading abt einstein , graham bell , planck & alike . & being a fool , manya times i regret being norn so late ! i always wished i cud work with scientists like i mentioned ! well ...wrods just ain`t enough & appropriate to describe how i feel abt this .
so now i`m in human anatomy , physiology etc . i`m thinking abt what cud b the biggest gift for humankind ? cure fopr cancer ? cure for all infectious diseases ? or something like "enabling" men to go beyong earth far into the space ? or may the super-humans ? u see the possibilities r immense , as faras ur imagination takes u .
i see the role of docs ina society inn two ways ...first those who r at the background ,like docs in community serving ppl , they r like repairmen , they fix ppl whenever ppl " lag " due to their illness in the race . race ? we can see it as all the huamns moving farward with scientists leading us , scientists in every field . they r opening the new areas , unexplored domains . behind these scientists r the non-scientists , including everone else remaining . so u ca eitrher b a doc or ba scientist , help humans or help individuals . which one do u prefer ? may b i`m over-simplifing it . of course scores of individuals make the human species . but the point where we can impact r different , different fields to choose .( i hope i`m not too confusing ! damn i`have this habit of messing things up ). it`s my personal choice to b at the leading front , not coz they get more money or more respect from highly distinguished ppl . it`s more so coz i have grown up reading abt the scientists i mentioned . whatever they did was never in direct contact with popualtion . so i think it`s in my sub-conscious mind that i choose this path of being ecientist .
each one of us going to do what he/ she likes the most . motive may ba naything . i think we all r just playing our part for a common cause , goal is the same just routesr sifferent .
may b we can elaborate on it .. :) later.

allergic2morons said:
Though I was always poor at maths I wanted to pursue engineering.Since i was never sure about my maths my parents advised me to keep an option open after 12th thats why I took PCMB. That decision paid off since i could only score 57 out 100 marks in maths....... :( so no chance of a good engineering seat!!!!! I am in medicine becoz i couldnt go in engineering!!!!! but it is not like that i dont love biology or i poor at it... But maths has always frustrated me. Even now when it comes to biostatistics in PSM i often goof up. i was relieved of my inferiority complex about maths when i learned that i wasnt the only person who was in medicine coz he couldnt do his math. there are plenty of people around who r like me.

I tried everything to excel in maths but it was futile. I even tried vedic mathematics but nothing could save me from disaster. I can do algebra fairly but geometry oh my gooooood!!!!......i cant. conics was absolutely terrible.

hey buddy . i can understand that ! i was terrible in maths too . even though i scored 100 oot of 100 in maths in 10 th class .but that wasn`t really a motive for me to choose maths over bio .
MORAL of the story is ...u r never alone in this world. someone somewhere shares the same qualities !

Health care is expanding, Biotechnology shows a lot of promise.

Outsourcing by pharmaceutical firms has become hot and is getting bigger.
It'd be worth your effort to take advantage of this.
India is emerging as a great destination for outsourcing clinical trials phase of drug development/discovery.

Even some parts of pre-clinical trials are being outsourced. The time it takes to introduce a new drug needs to be reduced and costs need to be cut as well.

Hence, a lot of changes are expected.

Besides, being a doc gives you an opportunity to be a leader , educate people .
These days you can go to India and collaborate with doctors there for research,
community service- highly needed for both preserving our culture and religion - missionaries have a ball with this :thumbdown: and being able to enjoy the benefits of globalization - you shouldn't feel stuck
Did you get the last one Swetha? :love: :p :p

Hopefully, you won't feel suffocated living in an area where you constantly feel/get used to living like a person of a minority.

Anyways, it is not easy. A very difficult and challenging path.

So do not quit making fun of others :p

Premedtomed said:
Health care is expanding, Biotechnology shows a lot of promise.

Outsourcing by pharmaceutical firms has become hot and is getting bigger.
It'd be worth your effort to take advantage of this.
India is emerging as a great destination for outsourcing clinical trials phase of drug development/discovery.

Even some parts of pre-clinical trials are being outsourced. The time it takes to introduce a new drug needs to be reduced and costs need to be cut as well.

Hence, a lot of changes are expected.

Besides, being a doc gives you an opportunity to be a leader , educate people .
These days you can go to India and collaborate with doctors there for research,
community service- highly needed for both preserving our culture and religion - missionaries have a ball with this :thumbdown: and being able to enjoy the benefits of globalization - you shouldn't feel stuck
Did you get the last one Swetha? :love: :p :p

Hopefully, you won't feel suffocated living in an area where you constantly feel/get used to living like a person of a minority.

Anyways, it is not easy. A very difficult and challenging path.

So do not quit making fun of others :p

dork. :D :p

carlton0ru.gif

:laugh: :clap: :laugh: :clap:
that show waz funny.........

nokia said:
hey saff ! this story of urs was written with a lot of passion , straight fro ur heart . i can taste it . u have touched me somewhere in my heart ! u know what i used to think that there won`t b anyone nerdy , passionate fool , so emotional like me . but i`m here have found some company , i guess . as long as i remember , i always wanted to ba scientist . now sciewntist is such a broad term ..it can lead u to anywhere . i have grown up reading abt einstein , graham bell , planck & alike . & being a fool , manya times i regret being norn so late ! i always wished i cud work with scientists like i mentioned ! well ...wrods just ain`t enough & appropriate to describe how i feel abt this .
so now i`m in human anatomy , physiology etc . i`m thinking abt what cud b the biggest gift for humankind ? cure fopr cancer ? cure for all infectious diseases ? or something like "enabling" men to go beyong earth far into the space ? or may the super-humans ? u see the possibilities r immense , as faras ur imagination takes u .
i see the role of docs ina society inn two ways ...first those who r at the background ,like docs in community serving ppl , they r like repairmen , they fix ppl whenever ppl " lag " due to their illness in the race . race ? we can see it as all the huamns moving farward with scientists leading us , scientists in every field . they r opening the new areas , unexplored domains . behind these scientists r the non-scientists , including everone else remaining . so u ca eitrher b a doc or ba scientist , help humans or help individuals . which one do u prefer ? may b i`m over-simplifing it . of course scores of individuals make the human species . but the point where we can impact r different , different fields to choose .( i hope i`m not too confusing ! damn i`have this habit of messing things up ). it`s my personal choice to b at the leading front , not coz they get more money or more respect from highly distinguished ppl . it`s more so coz i have grown up reading abt the scientists i mentioned . whatever they did was never in direct contact with popualtion . so i think it`s in my sub-conscious mind that i choose this path of being ecientist .
each one of us going to do what he/ she likes the most . motive may ba naything . i think we all r just playing our part for a common cause , goal is the same just routesr sifferent .
may b we can elaborate on it .. :) later.

tres cool. :cool: i just want to be a surgeon because.. i'm interested in the human body. especially the heart and the brain. i think by being a doctor, you can help not only individuals but the whole human species- or at least, most of them. i just feel that having access to a doctor is not just a right for the priveleged- doctors should be readily available for the underprivileged too. i see so many ppl around the world who are suffering merely b/c the majority of doctors are in places like north america and europe. COME ON. if you're going to be a doc. at least help individuals of the same species as you. damn. it gets me so riled up. also another thing is insurance. ughhhh i don't even want to get into it. f*cking ******s. most doctors are only chasing money after a certain point in their lives and they don't give a **** about their patients and their economic statuses. okay enough outta me. :mad:

so do most of u guys here already know what u want to specialize in??? i have no idea, although i do like the brain and all i have learned about it in undergrad...

jtank said:
so do most of u guys here already know what u want to specialize in??? i have no idea, although i do like the brain and all i have learned about it in undergrad...

well.. i'll be a junior (undergrad) this fall.. and ive just always wanted to be a surgeon. i think that's something that's been a part of my ambitions since i was in high school. i'm madd interested in the brain (and heart) as i said, but we'll see what's in store. are you in med school?

jtank said:

p.s- i love that joke in your signature. :D

saffronrain said:
well.. i'll be a junior (undergrad) this fall.. and ive just always wanted to be a surgeon. i think that's something that's been a part of my ambitions since i was in high school. i'm madd interested in the brain (and heart) as i said, but we'll see what's in store. are you in med school?

no, im undergrad at uc irvine, applying this year.

jtank said:
no, im undergrad at uc irvine, applying this year.

oh cool.. i love cali. okay now i know uc irvine is huge but do you know a guy named kumaran? i think he's graduating this yr.

allergic2morons said:

Math is all about logic. Yes, there is frustration involved. Not everything is apparent at once, as in biology. You have to do math for many yrs... you have to put many pieces together. There are so many connections to make. Little by little, you will see the bigger picture. And what a beautiful picture! No other picture can describe this Universe of ours so beautifully, so powerfully. Not even, I dare say, theoretical physics.

Many cannot understand math simply because they are far too impatient. Our consumer-oriented world functions on practicality, not abstractions. You cannot learn math in this way. Its not a matter of learning to do a few computations to pass an exam. You have to press for the logic... and press again, and again. My favorite "math" in the whole world is integration. When I saw the integral sign (can't remember exactly when), I was thrilled. What a symbol of power! But of course, I was unprepared. Integration is a consequence of differentation... so I had to learn that first! But still I pursued this integration sign... only after 2 yrs of university maths did I stop (differential equations). But I can tell you it was worth the frustration. That little symbol has amazing power. Honestly... I am only going for med now, so I can live well, and to please my family. Although I do like bio very much, I could still imagine a Ph.D in mathematics, and studying that integration sign till my last breath. But I have to be practical. I don't believe maths is my destiny.

HistoRocks said:
Math is all about logic. Yes, there is frustration involved. Not everything is apparent at once, as in biology. You have to do math for many yrs... you have to put many pieces together. There are so many connections to make. Little by little, you will see the bigger picture. And what a beautiful picture! No other picture can describe this Universe of ours so beautifully, so powerfully. Not even, I dare say, theoretical physics.

Many cannot understand math simply because they are far too impatient. Our consumer-oriented world functions on practicality, not abstractions. You cannot learn math in this way. Its not a matter of learning to do a few computations to pass an exam. You have to press for the logic... and press again, and again. My favorite "math" in the whole world is integration. When I saw the integral sign (can't remember exactly when), I was thrilled. What a symbol of power! But of course, I was unprepared. Integration is a consequence of differentation... so I had to learn that first! But still I pursued this integration sign... only after 2 yrs of university maths did I stop (differential equations). But I can tell you it was worth the frustration. That little symbol has amazing power. Honestly... I am only going for med now, so I can live well, and to please my family. Although I do like bio very much, I could still imagine a Ph.D in mathematics, and studying that integration sign till my last breath. But I have to be practical. I don't believe maths is my destiny.

yeah i agree with u. maths requires a lot of patience which i don have :(
All the symbols in mathematics used to facinate me i still wish i could one day master my math. My father always tell me mathematics is most fundamental of all sciences not even physics compare to might of mathematics. Hey did u see the movie called A beautiful mind there were two reasons why liked that movie first its was about a mathematician and secondly it had russell crowe. Also i love schizophrenics i love interacting with them. Van gogh is my favourite painter :)

i agree with ya!my pop too laid more emphasis on maths!well, he suggested me to go for engineering,as i had a sound logical brain(well,acc. 2 my dad)!!!!well i turned out tobe........never mind!!
btw , i loved the movie too! :love:
allergic2morons said:
yeah i agree with u. maths requires a lot of patience which i don have :(
All the symbols in mathematics used to facinate me i still wish i could one day master my math. My father always tell me mathematics is most fundamental of all sciences not even physics compare to might of mathematics. Hey did u see the movie called A beautiful mind there were two reasons why liked that movie first its was about a mathematician and secondly it had russell crowe. Also i love schizophrenics i love interacting with them. Van gogh is my favourite painter :)