What MCAT classroom courses are good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastfingers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which MCAT classroom courses are good to cover all materials needed for MCAT and are interesting in classroom at the same time. Do classroom basically read off what they have in their review book? I'm thinking about studying during the entire month of January and first and semester. Is there any courses that you could recommend I take?

Members don't see this ad.

Which MCAT classroom courses are good to cover all materials needed for MCAT and are interesting in classroom at the same time. Do classroom basically read off what they have in their review book? I'm thinking about studying during the entire month of January and first and semester. Is there any courses that you could recommend I take?

Most of the classes just read to you. I doubt you really need it.

Princeton and Kaplan are most choices. I prefer Princeton over Kaplan.

If you are in Cali, I would take the Berk Review and be done with it. They have the best classes from what I have heard. But, they are only in Cali right now.

I'm going to paste what I wrote in another thread that should help you.

About the whole Kaplan vs TPR classroom course, it depends far too much on location. In some areas, Kaplan may have the best teachers; in another, TPR. The best gauge to determine which class is better for you is to ask to sit in on a class. If that's not possible, ask your fellow pre-med friends, that took a class in your area, how their class went. You could also ask some of your professors to see if they know anything about the quality of Kaplan and TPR teachers in your area. The key here is YOUR area.

About the whole Kaplan vs TPR classroom course, it depends far too much on location. In some areas, Kaplan may have the best teachers; in another, TPR. The best gauge to determine which class is better for you is to ask to sit in on a class. If that's not possible, ask your fellow pre-med friends, that took a class in your area, how their class went. You could also ask some of your professors to see if they know anything about the quality of Kaplan and TPR teachers in your area. The key here is YOUR area.

Yes I would say checking the Kaplan/TPR teachers' quality and reputation in your area is important. Additionally I would look at a few factors in deciding- if you want more classroom hours and enjoy learning more by teaching instead of reading [if so, TPR fits better] or if you want more online/computer-based practice materials [if so, Kaplan is better].

What about the examkrackers class?

I'm very bad at studying, so I'm hoping a course would give me some extra motivation. I'm around the baltimore, johns hopkins area.