Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what med schools in texas dont require a thesis?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by soul21, Dec 6, 2005.

1. soul21

soul21 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Considering medical school is hard enough I really dont want to go to a medical that requires a thesis for graduation. So kind anybody be kind enough to let me know what schools dont require a thesis.

2. bobito

bobito Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

ummm I don't think any of the Texas ones require a thesis.
    Southwestern has an optional thesis and 16weeks of research for a degree with distinction in research.
    Although I must say that writing a thesis/ doing other badass **** will only be to your benefit, when it comes to residency.

3. BaylorGuy

BaylorGuy Enter witty comment here
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I dont know of any school that requires a thesis...unless you plan on doing MD/PhD, or some sort of honors research distinction or something or other. Check out the MSAR

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DropkickMurphy

DropkickMurphy Membership Revoked
    Removed

Other Health Professions Student
    The only schools I know of that require a thesis for the medical degree (without an MS or PhD) are the ones in Europe.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...