Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

What medical schools have study abroad programs?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by tucan41, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. tucan41

tucan41

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys. Does anyone happen to have a list of the US medical schools that have study abroad programs? Is it common to all medical schools, or just a select few? I know it is possible to study abroad during some summer months, or even to volunteer there during the 3rd/4th years of school, but I just wanted to know whether someone could provide a list of the schools that have these opportunities... it will really influence where I end up applying!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. shiftingmirage

shiftingmirage 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There are programs that have Global Health projects that students can partake in. I am not personally familiar with the programs, but a Google search showed that they are available at Temple, Harvard, Dartmouth, Rosalind Franklin and others.

4. darkjedi

darkjedi how did this get here I am not good with computer 7+ Year Member

Verified
    Physician
    Many schools offer the time to have some experiences abroad. From what I've seen Penn, Columbia and Dartmouth have relatively strong global health presences and also offer students funding.

5. kyamh

kyamh 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    All the above said, US schools don't let you actually "study" abroad in the sense of required rotations or your preclinical education. Going on international trips is usually over the summer/elective rotation.

About the ads