What month do schools usually have all open spots filled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nadh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Being a reapplicant isn't the kiss of death, but I'd rather be an MS-1 this time next year instead of reapplying. I live in the midwest and have heard nada from all 7 of the schools I've applied to (3 east coast, 1 midwest, 1 southwest, 2 southeast). I was complete at the east coast schools in Oct. and the rest in Nov. This means even if I get called for an interview this month, I won't actually be interviewing until at least FEB! Even worse, this interview may be for a waitlist spot. :( The admissions doors are like half shut by now. :eek:

When are schools completely full? (Enough acceptances have been handed out to fill the whole class.) Does anybody know? So far, I have:

UMDNJ - Late Dec.

Members don't see this ad.

My guess would be that schools fill up late winter, early spring. Obviously this depends on the school. I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Being on the waitlist is better than nothing at all. But I would imagine that not every school is full full, perhaps 50-90% depending on the school, IMO.

Unless you are completely confident in your stats, seven is not enough IMO. If you are borderline in any way (low mcat, gpa, ec, or any combination), you should apply to 20+.

You still can apply - just apply broadly, spending a year waiting will be a lot more costly than applying to more schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
The rumor is MSUCOM likes to fill their class by December as well.

Being a reapplicant isn't the kiss of death, but I'd rather be an MS-1 this time next year instead of reapplying. I live in the midwest and have heard nada from all 7 of the schools I've applied to (3 east coast, 1 midwest, 1 southwest, 2 southeast). I was complete at the east coast schools in Oct. and the rest in Nov. This means even if I get called for an interview this month, I won't actually be interviewing until at least FEB! Even worse, this interview may be for a waitlist spot. :( The admissions doors are like half shut by now. :eek:

When are schools completely full? (Enough acceptances have been handed out to fill the whole class.) Does anybody know? So far, I have:

UMDNJ - Late Dec.

Update today:
Spoke to UMDNJ. They have 1 last wave of interviews that will be handed out this month to use as "back-ups" just in case accepted students decline their offer. In Feb, everyone else will be sent rejection letters. A select few will be put on "interview waitlist" as a back-up for the back-ups.

Unless you are completely confident in your stats, seven is not enough IMO. If you are borderline in any way (low mcat, gpa, ec, or any combination), you should apply to 20+.

You still can apply - just apply broadly, spending a year waiting will be a lot more costly than applying to more schools.

My MCAT is 11V,8P,8B. 3.26 sci, 3.59 cum. 3.33 sci, 3.64 cum after this semester's grades.

What schools can I still add at this late of a time and still have a shot at getting in? Are the Touro's, LECOM's, and A.T. Still still taking people?

My MCAT is 11V,8P,8B. 3.26 sci, 3.59 cum. 3.33 sci, 3.64 cum after this semester's grades.

What schools can I still add at this late of a time and still have a shot at getting in? Are the Touro's, LECOM's, and A.T. Still still taking people?

Bah, if you don't get in this year, just apply next year.

I had the same statistics 3.2 sci and regular gpa with 10V, 12phy, 13 bio. couldn't get in last year. But then again, I submitted my secondaries in january.

I applied early this year, got into two schools.

good luck.