What month do you think is not late for AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

For AADSAS submission, what is the borderline line month between okay and late?

• Total voters

jk5177

Just Kidding
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So many people talk about sending in AADSAS early, but we all have restrictions. However I'm interested to know what you think is the month right before late, that is what month do you think the applicant still ahve a chance.

Members don't see this ad.

jk5177 said:
So many people talk about sending in AADSAS early, but we all have restrictions. However I'm interested to know what you think is the month right before late, that is what month do you think the applicant still ahve a chance.

It totally depends on your stats and the schools you applied to. I applied late, in late September. And my application was delayed because of one of the recomenders send in a late letter. Thus the schools got my application in late Novemeber. From my experience, with a 22 DAT and 3.7 GPA, it hasn't earned me enough interviews that I wanted. If I could do it over again, I would quit my research and apply at least one month earlier. I was ******ed.

Profchaos said:
It totally depends on your stats and the schools you applied to. I applied late, in late September. And my application was delayed because of one of the recomenders send in a late letter. Thus the schools got my application in late Novemeber. From my experience, with a 22 DAT and 3.7 GPA, it hasn't earned me enough interviews that I wanted. If I could do it over again, I would quit my research and apply at least one month earlier. I was ******ed.
who knows what's the latest. i applied mid november, schools got my app mid december, and i've been invited on 9 interviews. we can't possibly tell you what we think is the latest appropriate month. everyone has a different luck with it because everyone is a totally different applicant. as everyone will always tell you - the earlier the better. you might not *lose* your shot if you apply late, but you will certainly be better off if you apply earlier...good luck!

ps. if i HAD to pick a date, i would aim for september at the latest. that way, you still interview in time for the dec. 1 intital acceptance date. pretty much from october on, you're looking at post-dec.1 acceptances and therefore fewer seats.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, but the Q just doesn't make much sense. Technically, the month that is not late for AADSAS is the one that the deadline to submit falls on. obviously, everyone knows you shouldn't wait that long.

Bottom line is this: Apply as early as you can. When you have all your grades and DAT scores in, get on it. Why procrastinate for something this big? Sending in your app shouldn't be like sending in your taxes. If you want dental school this bad, there is no excuse for delaying your application. Besides, how hard really is the application? The personal statement takes time, but you can start that even before the application comes out online. Everything else is fill in the blank.

Apply early. This is the tried and true mantra of the SDN predental forum.

late september, early october - sounds about right.

Mo007 said:
late september, early october - sounds about right.

Yeah, much later than that and the holiday season compounds problems (3-4 weeks where they won't even review applications in most cases).

Also, the longer you wait the more interviews are scheduled before yours, which means you have to wait longer to even get an interview. At some schools an October application could mean a December-January interview.

I'm planning on submitting my AADSAS application near the end of August.. from there, how long would it take for schools to actually get my application?

UofT-Girl said:
I'm planning on submitting my AADSAS application near the end of August.. from there, how long would it take for schools to actually get my application?

I've posted this elsewhere, but I submitted my app in Mid-Aug and it did not get to schools until the first week of OCT. 7+ weeks. All my transcripts and LOR's were in order as well.

I'm not sure why you are waiting to submit (summer session grades or DAT, etc.), but it's probably not worth waiting for. Get your app in.

Good luck.

I wouldn't apply later than AUGUST! Because if I had applied any later I would not have been considered for the 1st round of acceptances on DEC 1st. A little timeline:

August--------submit AADSAS
September---AADSAS processed and sent to schools
October-------Schools send out secondaries, and I fill them out
November----Interviews
December----Dec 1st acceptance (hopefully)

I didn't send in my DAT scores till October! Interviewed at 2 of the 3 schools, but havn't gotten any acceptances. All of my interviews were after the December 1st first round... Remember that most schools begin interviewing in August... so you want to be considdered as quickly as possible. This means getting your stuff in before August so you can be considdered for the first round of interviews.

-Deebog