What month to take MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaapowercat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to take the princeton review course which is about 2-3 months. but since the course usually meets 4 days a week i feel like i should take it when the college semester ends. that means if i take the course as soon as the college semester ends then i wouldnt take the MCAT until late june or early july. then i wouldnt get scores back until august.

i heard that you are supposed to start applying to medical schools in june and the earlier your apply the better. with my plan would that mean my application wouldnt be submitted until august?

what should i do??

Members don't see this ad.

im on the same boat as you, and i figured that i would take a prep course during the evenings during the spring semester. that way it wouldnt interfere with my classes. that leaves me to take my mcat in may, and if i am satisfied with the score then i can apply in june. if not, i have all of summer to prep myself and take the test again. i guess what you have to take into consideration is, have you finished your pre-reqs?

I will have taken all my pre-reqs by summer. my school semester doesnt end until the end of april though. how long is your prep course?