1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What my First year at NYUCD is like....

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by norcal81, Nov 15, 2005.

1. norcal81

norcal81 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

So I'm at NYUCD and comming from CA, it's a big change.

for those of you who think the hard part about dental school is getting in, think again. I would say the easiest part is gettin in, and the first two years are crazy hard. It's constant work non stop quizzes, non stop lectures, and non stop studying. You kind of learn how to just deal with not gettin a hundred on exams,or making stupid errors. If you just want to be a general dentists, you just brush it off your shoulders like me... so my advice to those who are about to go to dental school is, congrats on an AWESOME decision. and be sure to take HUMAN ANATOMY and focus deeply on the face. It will make your life SO SO SO SO SO much easier believe me. Also, if i had to recommend another class, I would say take biochemistry on Metabolism, and know some genetics. those few classes will definately make ur first year easier. i have yet to go through my second year so i'll let u know ...

2. litlmisa

litlmisa Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Where in Cali are you from?

3. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist

good luck to you.

4. La Miraflorina

La Miraflorina Dental Diva
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Can you tell us a little bit more about NYU?? :oops:

5. Sprgrover

Sprgrover Pulped out Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Ditto, especially the part about constant studying. :thumbup:

6. Kinski

Kinski Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

How do you like the school so far?

7. phremius

phremius Dentist
    10+ Year Member

the school/student council pays for a lot of parties. almost every friday there's some kind of party in some swanky manhattan joint where there's an open bar of sorts :thumbup:

classes are hard to get As in, but even harder to actually fail completely (unless you don't do your work)

at 2pm you might have to wait for two cycles of the elevator to get on

the gym is nice, though could be a bit closer. 15 minute walk.

No dissections in gross anatomy! Body Worlds parts consists of lab. There are benefits and drawbacks to this.

professors span the range of "meh" to actually pretty entertaining. but everything's pretty straightforward(so far anyways)

oh, did I mention? it's located in Manhattan the heart of New York City?? :thumbup: :thumbup: