What my First year at NYUCD is like....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

norcal81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm at NYUCD and comming from CA, it's a big change.

for those of you who think the hard part about dental school is getting in, think again. I would say the easiest part is gettin in, and the first two years are crazy hard. It's constant work non stop quizzes, non stop lectures, and non stop studying. You kind of learn how to just deal with not gettin a hundred on exams,or making stupid errors. If you just want to be a general dentists, you just brush it off your shoulders like me... so my advice to those who are about to go to dental school is, congrats on an AWESOME decision. and be sure to take HUMAN ANATOMY and focus deeply on the face. It will make your life SO SO SO SO SO much easier believe me. Also, if i had to recommend another class, I would say take biochemistry on Metabolism, and know some genetics. those few classes will definately make ur first year easier. i have yet to go through my second year so i'll let u know ...

Members don't see this ad.

Where in Cali are you from?

norcal81 said:

for those of you who think the hard part about dental school is getting in, think again. I would say the easiest part is gettin in, and the first two years are crazy hard. It's constant work non stop quizzes, non stop lectures, and non stop studying. You kind of learn how to just deal with not gettin a hundred on exams,or making stupid errors. If you just want to be a general dentists, you just brush it off your shoulders like me... so my advice to those who are about to go to dental school is, congrats on an AWESOME decision. and be sure to take HUMAN ANATOMY and focus deeply on the face. It will make your life SO SO SO SO SO much easier believe me. Also, if i had to recommend another class, I would say take biochemistry on Metabolism, and know some genetics. those few classes will definately make ur first year easier. i have yet to go through my second year so i'll let u know ...

good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
norcal81 said:

Can you tell us a little bit more about NYU?? :oops:

norcal81 said:

Ditto, especially the part about constant studying. :thumbup:

norcal81 said:

How do you like the school so far?

the school/student council pays for a lot of parties. almost every friday there's some kind of party in some swanky manhattan joint where there's an open bar of sorts :thumbup:

classes are hard to get As in, but even harder to actually fail completely (unless you don't do your work)

at 2pm you might have to wait for two cycles of the elevator to get on

the gym is nice, though could be a bit closer. 15 minute walk.

No dissections in gross anatomy! Body Worlds parts consists of lab. There are benefits and drawbacks to this.

professors span the range of "meh" to actually pretty entertaining. but everything's pretty straightforward(so far anyways)

oh, did I mention? it's located in Manhattan the heart of New York City?? :thumbup: :thumbup: