What non-medical things have you done?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I want to see her TED talk. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

The yoga thing is good because it is healthy. You can always bake some really good cupcakes and have them with you at an interview hehe....sweeten up the interviewers with delicious treats :p

It is good to have hobbies, something that takes stress away and is fun. My mother always says "work hard then play hard". She is a workaholic, but she knows she needs something outside of work to take the stress down and relax. It also shows that you are well rounded.

I have a hard time sticking with one hobby lol. I can generalize mine and say I enjoy creative downtime because you might find me doing a photoshop project, writing a song, hand sewing a silk flower for my hair, writing etc..... it all depends on my mood at the time. I also love to read forgotten realms books. That is my guilty pleasure so to say and it relaxes me. I also play video games as a hobby. Those are not medical related unless you say I could stitch someone up really good because I can hand sew nicely or something like that haha

Just find something you enjoy that lets you forget responsibilities for a little bit and unwind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool thread.

I do physics research and I'm going to be presenting some stuff at the APS meeting coming up. I also compete/ lift weights for recreation. Currently at 165-170 and:

bench: 330
clean: 275
front squat: 275x5

Drum Major of the marching band. Furry hat, whistle, baton, the works.

Ha I'm still debating on whether or not to list professional video gamer~ 20hr/wk on my hobbies list lol.

I <3 cooking, things like chicken cacciatore, various pasta dishes, sticky lemon chicken and pretty much enjoy learning how to make anything. (Gordon Ramsay is my favorite chef!)

I enjoy watching many foreign films/independent and also a countless amount of documentaries.

I do a lot of community service work, food drives, help setup up a community summer event where we attract over 8,000 people between 2 sites in underserved areas.

I just started learning MMA and have been sparring a bit and plan to take it further with a focus on Muay Thai kickboxing.

I love watching documentaries too! Haha my secret wish is to be in one someday... but besides that, I like to run (just finished my first marathon :)), cook, play violin and travel.

Ha I'm still debating on whether or not to list professional video gamer~ 20hr/wk on my hobbies list lol.

Lol. I actually know of a guy in my high school who listed "Halo" on his Common App to colleges. Apparently he was ranked like #3 in the world for a long time and he ended up going to MIT to study Compsci. I feel like if you're really good at playing video games, there's no need to keep it off your app. (Primarily because the rest of us suck at anything that isn't Guitar Hero or DDR, haha.)

Lol. I actually know of a guy in my high school who listed "Halo" on his Common App to colleges. Apparently he was ranked like #3 in the world for a long time and he ended up going to MIT to study Compsci. I feel like if you're really good at playing video games, there's no need to keep it off your app. (Primarily because the rest of us suck at anything that isn't Guitar Hero or DDR, haha.)

Professional gaming is a little more germane as a high school student applying to a comp sci program than as a college student applying to medical school. :rolleyes: