What not to do when you find out you've been waitlisted by your top choice school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tiki

Girl named after a Giant
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Eat half a box of Entenmann's Devils Food Donuts. Vomiting does not make the pain any easier.

2. Call up the school and beg them to take you. (Which I thought about doing :D )

3. Pin up the alternate list letter on your bedroom door and strategically throw darts at it until is shrivels up dead on your floor.

I feel like I could go out and drink away my sorrows, except I have nine page paper on Spanish Baroque art due tomorrow, and I haven't even started writing it yet. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Tiki
1. Eat half a box of Entenmann's Devils Food Donuts. Vomiting does not make the pain any easier.

2. Call up the school and beg them to take you. (Which I thought about doing :D )

3. Pin up the alternate list letter on your bedroom door and strategically throw darts at it until is shrivels up dead on your floor.

I feel like I could go out and drink away my sorrows, except I have nine page paper on Spanish Baroque art due tomorrow, and I haven't even started writing it yet. :(

Thats 9 pages double spaced, right? hope so.

Yes. And its not nearly as hard as it sounds, because its three separate questions that need to be answered.

My stomach really hurts. I feel like I just gave myself diabetes from all the donuts. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Tiki

(

why not? thats how they decide who gets admitted.

Originally posted by exmike
why not? thats how they decide who gets admitted.

Actually the decisions are made by throwing all the applications in the air at the same time. The ones that land on the table get acceptance letters.

should i also not go camp outside the dean of admissions' house with a big sign saying "please reconsider! i love you" on one half of a folded sign and "r school" on the other half? just to get the dean's attention first.......

or, when you win the nobel prize, should you not point out how much XXX school sucks because they didn't let you in when they had the chance? anyone ever imagine the nyha-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyaaaah they would give to a school for not letting them in? like, you become surgeon general or something, and point out very publicly how your first choice school didn't let you in? (and no, this isn't directed at USC for those who follow my posts;) )

Originally posted by camstah

or, when you win the nobel prize, should you not point out how much XXX school sucks because they didn't let you in when they had the chance? anyone ever imagine the nyha-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyaaaah they would give to a school for not letting them in? like, you become surgeon general or something, and point out very publicly how your first choice school didn't let you in? (and no, this isn't directed at USC for those who follow my posts;) )

That sounds good. You...You...You'll regret not taking me!!!!! I swear one day you will when I'm famous! So take your alternate list letter and shove it!

I feel better now. Plus I've digested my donuts and I didn't get diabetes after all. :D

Darn! You mean I dug out that glucometer and insulin pump... and you don't even need them?!? Now I have to send them back to receivables for processing.

Oh no you don't. I have a whole other half a box of donuts, and I'm sure those supplies will come in handy when I get waitlisted or rejected from the next school.

I feel fat today. I wonder why? ;)

Originally posted by Cerberus
4) hunt down and kill everyone ahead of you on the waitlist

Those with physical ailments like knee problems go first *teehee*:p

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha. Grea idea.

This is a great thread because I went through a similar day of moping around in mourning. The day that I found out, I was a horribly depressed mess.......all i did was lay on my couch in a pool of patheticness and eat junk food and drink beer. I don't feel as ****ty now, but it still sucks to think about. Good luck all

I think I'm reaching the limit of available alcohol-concumption credit caused by rejections or waitlisting. Beyond a certain point here I'm gonna have to admit that I just like the damn booze, and there's no other excuse except the liking of it.

I, however, have not purchased or consumed a donut since around the time of the first Bush presidency.

I feel like a poll is starting here.........Which is worse for you, overcunsumption of beer, or of donuts? Or is there a third, even more insidious but oh so good food group out there?

What's a bon bon? Is it a candy? Is it a pastry? Is it an ambiguous "sweet"? Sorry, disqualified for lack of name recognition, but probably bad for you anyway.

I believe they are bite sized ice cream coated in chocalate snacks. If you watched married with children, that's what Peggy is always eating.

Okay, we all know that alcohol kills brain cells, but donuts make you fat. So the question is, would you rather be fat or stupid?

Such a tough decision. :laugh:

"...psychoville and Ray Finkle is the mayor"

It's that thing Ricky Martin shakes.
"shake your bon bon"

Originally posted by lukeday99
What's a bon bon? Is it a candy? Is it a pastry? Is it an ambiguous "sweet"? Sorry, disqualified for lack of name recognition, but probably bad for you anyway.

i believe that they are just chocolates. the bite-size ice cream things are named bon bons on the box, but on tv shows bon bons are usually just chocolates.

Originally posted by bewitched1081
i believe that they are just chocolates. the bite-size ice cream things are named bon bons on the box, but on tv shows bon bons are usually just chocolates.

So are you going to believe the box or tv? I say the box is right and that bon bons are bite-size ice cream things.

Don't make me start an "OFFICIAL bon bons are bite-size ice cream things" thread

Whoa, TheRussian is serious about this one! Ok, we all now agree with you, bon bons are bite size, chocolate, and depending on brand naming, may contain ice cream.

This does not answer my original question-Beer, or donuts? Homer Simpson would have a hard time with this.......

Originally posted by lukeday99

This does not answer my original question-Beer, or donuts? Homer Simpson would have a hard time with this.......

The way you are talking it would seem that one has to make a choice between the two when in actuallity beer and donuts go together like horse and carriage.

My post-waitlist letter food of choice : Ben and Jerry's Phish Food Ice Cream - it's not for nothin' that my avatar of choice is a pig. Chocolate treats depression. Beer treats horniness - mostly by agrivating the condition. Kind of like homeopathic medicine for red necks.

Originally posted by Kimmer
My post-waitlist letter food of choice : Ben and Jerry's Phish Food Ice Cream - it's not for nothin' that my avatar of choice is a pig. Chocolate treats depression. Beer treats horniness - mostly by agrivating the condition. Kind of like homeopathic medicine for red necks.

:clap: I totally applaud you on your choice of ice cream.....phish food is the BOMB diggety.....and yes, beer is quite the counter-intuitive remedy of horniness. Scientists have long known its role in the initiation the widely-acclaimed drunken hook-up mechanism :thumbup: