What NOT to eat during your DAT 15 min break!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ammarm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
wondering if you should bring high sugar content food like doughnuts or a candy for the 15 minute break during your DAT, you might have to think twice after watching this video by George Wolfe: Oscillations in Hormone levels.. he discusses how eating a doughnut (cookies, candies...) could lead to maladaptive responses by the body with cyclic periods of active mode followed by rest mode (yawning) due to high fluctuations in the level of hormones: insulin and glucagon.

Members don't see this ad.

wondering if you should bring high sugar content food like doughnuts or a candy for the 15 minute break during your DAT, you might have to think twice after watching this video by George Wolfe: Oscillations in Hormone levels.. he discusses how eating a doughnut (cookies, candies...) could lead to maladaptive responses by the body with cyclic periods of active mode followed by rest mode (yawning) due to high fluctuations in the level of hormones: insulin and glucagon.

LOL, I'm not really sure what you shouldn't, but think you should get some caffeine. It improves your alertness and I think most people tend to do better with caffeine in their system during a test I know I do.

Good luck!

LOL, I'm not really sure what you shouldn't, but think you should get some caffeine. It improves your alertness and I think most people tend to do better with caffeine in their system during a test I know I do.

Good luck!

haha funny story, I had bunch of 7am. exams during my Masters and one time our professor took a picture of the entire class while everyone was taking their tests (without any of us knowing) and literally every student had an energy drink of some sort in front of them. Taking tests at 7am. should be illegal.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha funny story, I had bunch of 7am. exams during my Masters and one time our professor took a picture of the entire class while everyone was taking their tests (without any of us knowing) and literally every student had an energy drink of some sort in front of them. Taking tests at 7am. should be illegal.

I had a biochem test at 7 AM one time as well but just say the class average was an F.I agree 7 AM test should be outlawed.

It was actually kind of funny I went through the whole test and just stared at the test blankly for about an hour, then things start coming back to me and for the last hour the test I wrote like a madman. I was like oh I remember how to do that, and did pretty well on the test even though I left the last answer completely blank.

Try to drink Gatorade during the break to avoid taking a leak.

As a matter of fact, I received my free samples of adult diapers lol in the mail the other day as I plan to wear one haha. There is no way I will screw up this exam by losing time to use the bathroom or being distracted by the urge to go. Sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do lol...

Last edited:

As a matter of fact, I received my free samples of adult diapers lol in the mail the other day as I plan to wear one haha. There is no way I will screw up this exam by losing time to use the bathroom or being distracted by the urge to go. Sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do lol...

hahahahhahahhahahah picture or it didn't happen!

Make sure you bring some cologne with you incase you start smelling funny.....

Actually I would post a photo because they look funny, but they took away my attachment privileges -- probation status.

I got it free from this link and had another free sample sent to my friend's place for just in case :laugh::

http://www.depend.com/products/get-samples

You know that other people will start doing this just because they can back it up with "Others have done it as well..."............this is too funny tho. props. :laugh:

this is more for a day or two before: don't carb up and then go low carb a day or so after otherwise you'll be peeing every 45 minutes

I had a peanut butter and banana sandwich with a little bit of water. It was perfect.

I realize this thread is a moot point...

You can eat and drink whatever you want as long as you wear your Depends. :laugh:

Btw, tayloreve wears them on a regular basis.