what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc.cb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I now have a number of acceptances and I have withdrawn from schools that I have no interest in attending. I am holding on to three schools to wait for financial information.

Here is my question: What exactly are the steps that I need to take to apply for financial aide? I didnt have to do any of this for undergrad, so I am really very lost. What sort of info should I gather? And what universal forms do I need to fill out? Also, whats the time frame for this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

FAFSA forms are your friend.

fafsa my friend...

you can begin to fill out/ turn these in near the end of december beginning of january.....

you need to turn it in before the march deadline in order to be eligible for the full amount of aid possible. anything turned in past this deadline you probably wont get the full amount you are entitled to.

its like the first week of march by the way. like 3/3 or something like that.

you need parental income information, your income information...

you can fill out the fafsa online and it is better to do it online because your forms will get processed A LOT faster.
i think the website is www.fafsa.gov

but in order to fill out the fafsa online you need a pin number and you can look for the link on the website to sign up for one. you will have to wait a few days to get your pin and from there you can sign in and start to fill out the information you need to fill out. its pretty long so just take your time.

you do not need to wait for your parents or yourself to turn in your taxes to fill out the information...you can just use estimated numbers so that you can turn it in asap.