What % of people interviewed get accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtabibian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what % of people who are interviewed get accepted? I am specially interested to know that for BU and University of Maryland.

The other question is that how long after having the interview at those schools do you get the decission?

Members don't see this ad.

my guess would be 1/3. but it all depends on the school where you interviewed.

at IUSD, i believe they interview about 300 for a class size of 100. i am 100% sure on that though but its probably very close.

Members don't see this ad :)
mtabibian said:
Does anyone know what % of people who are interviewed get accepted? I am specially interested to know that for BU and University of Maryland.

The other question is that how long after having the interview at those schools do you get the decission?
u of maryland is about 1/3 acceptance, maybe 1/4

I was accepted two days after i interviewed.

hope this helps

A third is probably a safe guess, but keep in mind that the different schools more or less are going to go after the same third every time. So, interviewing at 3 or even six schools does not guarantee an acceptance. Basically, the question is irrelevant. It’s your statistics that get you in. The interview is just a formality to make sure you’re not a psycho.

PERFECT3435 said:
my guess would be 1/3. but it all depends on the school where you interviewed.

at IUSD, i believe they interview about 300 for a class size of 100. i am 100% sure on that though but its probably very close.

Remember too they have to accept more than what they have room for banking on the fact that not everyone who is accepted will come. Therefore, your odds may be better than 1/3. If they interview 300 and may need a class of 100, they may accept 200 knowing that out of those 200, half will come. It's tough playing the numbers game. We all are guessing here and are in the same boat. Good luck and keep your chin up.

when I interviewed at Tufts, they told us that they accept 75% of the people they interview.

I'd say close to 3/4- because they accept more people than they can take in a class- they are expecting that some people will change their mind and attend somewhere else.

agree with 3/4 ... ! more intelligent guess taking into account people who get accept at more than 1 school.

i bet ya that the 3/4 potential applies only for those who got an interview before Dec.

what about after dec interview?