Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What % of total interviews have been granted to date? Any guesses?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jargon124, Nov 3, 2001.

1. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Ok, so maybe it's just because I'm getting nervous (no real interview invites yet) but I'm wondering...I know it's early in the process - especially this year's process - but do you think it's reasonable to say that 25-50% of interviews that will be given HAVE already been given/scheduled? 50% seems high to me - but what do I know :( :eek: Any insight?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think you could really get an accurate answer to this- who knows but those granting interviews themselves? Best not to linger on it- I recall you have great scores, so just wait till you get through the administrivia and you're set. --Trek

4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Well I don't know the answer to your question but the school I just interviewed at said in their first batch of acceptances they only sent offers to 20 people. That is really low and compared to previous years that is VERY low. They said they are about 1 1/2 months behind where they usually are at this time.
    Thank you, AMCAS

5. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    I can tell you that by 1 PM today Baylor would have interviewed 40% Of their total. But they were WAY head of the other schools, so that is probably the highest.

6. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Um, I can't count. Make that 50% done.

7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Exactly 43.2459104389%

No more..no less...

8. girl

girl Member
    7+ Year Member

Okay, back to statistics.

Try this:

Total # interviewed (any med school book will tell you this) divided by # months in interview season (usually 5-6 subtracting holidays) = # interviewees/ month. Then just figure out how many months have passed in that school's interview season and you'll have your answer.

University of Chicago- Pritzker:

Interviews 600 total
    September - Feb/March (assume 6 months)
    100 people per month
    So far September and October have passed, so that's 200 people.

Therefore, Pritzker has already interviewed 1/3 of its potential interviewees. Assuming they're booked through November, they've selected 300/600 interview candidates or about 50%.

Works for any school! And now I will stop procrastinating and get back to studying.

9. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In previous years, some schools had filled two-thirds of all interview slots before August MCAT scores arrived. However, as we all know, this is anything but a typical year. Some schools are just plain late this year, so I'd say on average, 1/4 of all interviews have been conducted, and maybe 1/3 of all interview slots have been filled. Just some numbers I'm throwing out there, no one really knows the answer to this question.