What OOS Dental schools are favorable for PA residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegirl1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to go online and research to figure out this information, but I wanted to see if anyone who applied before had any insight? I applied to all the instate PA dental schools, Michigan, Tufts, VCU, OSU, and NYU. I was looking at adding UConn, Maryland, Stonybrook, Marquette, and Rutgers but I was wondering if there were any other schools friendly for PA residents? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on stats I would also toss in Penn as well to the list. If you manage to get a good Dean's scholarship it can be cheaper than other OOS programs.

Get the adea guide/explorer to dental schools, and look at how many residents from PA each school took last year, this is how you determine which are good OOS schools for your state.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Add LECOM and UNE to your list, also consider peppering in some private schools

I really don't think Rutgers cares which state you come from - they give acceptances to all over the country, it's just usually OOS students turn down the offer for their in-state school. Rutgers gives in-state after the first year. We have a large amount of students from New York and Florida, and a couple from states like California and the South.