What PCAT for early decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atnguy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the PCAT yesterday, did decent in sciences but bombed CR and math so I'm planning on retaking in the September window; 7-9. If pharmcas early decision deadline is September 6th, what exam is going to be on my application? Should I just wait to submit my application after taking the PCAT so my September score counts? I really want to apply to early decision to have a higher chance of acceptance due to a low GPA (3.0). If I can't apply for early decision with the September PCAT should I just take the October PCAT to have more time to study or the later I apply the lower my chances of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on what school you're applying to. I know for sure that at the school I wanna get into, they'll accept the September score but won't accept the October score for both the regular decision and early decision.

I just took the PCAT yesterday, did decent in sciences but bombed CR and math so I'm planning on retaking in the September window; 7-9. If pharmcas early decision deadline is September 6th, what exam is going to be on my application? Should I just wait to submit my application after taking the PCAT so my September score counts? I really want to apply to early decision to have a higher chance of acceptance due to a low GPA (3.0). If I can't apply for early decision with the September PCAT should I just take the October PCAT to have more time to study or the later I apply the lower my chances of acceptance?
Is your 3.0 pharmcas GPA or institutional?

I'm in the same boat! I'm thinking about retaking but I also want to know whether it's best to submit early or wait for scores? Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never been so confused in my life. I dont know if I should just apply early decision with my 64% Pcat and 3.2 GPA or retake my Pcat in October then apply. Any advice?

I am in the exact same boat too! Not sure if I should apply with my 64 score and 3.2 GPA or wait it out until September when I take my PCAT again.

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the exact same boat too! Not sure if I should apply with my 64 score and 3.2 GPA or wait it out until September when I take my PCAT again.

What schools are you looking into? I am looking to retake it in October because I need longer than a month to build my math and biology skills :(

Hey guys, I contacted pharmcas and they responded saying

"PharmCAS will not hold your application for processing if your PCAT scores have
not been posted. Scores can be sent after you have submitted, and posted at any
time during the application cycle.

However, some programs have requirements for when they need the scores posted
to the application for consideration. You may wish to contact your program for
more information about these requirements."

So Im assuming its better to submit the application after taking the pcat. They didn't say anything about the earlier the better chances of acceptance to take it in October though