Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What Percent Accepted Go on SDN?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by dumbguy, Apr 27, 2007.

1. dumbguy

2+ Year Member

just wondering, anyone here know what percent of applicants who get accepted, actually are members of SDN?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eelo

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    It would be relatively easy to figure out, but I'm not willing to make the time to do it. You can get a rough idea of the size of each year's class from the AACP website. Then take a look at the Roll Call thread and see how many people have posted that they got accepted, and then hit up the Wall of Shame thread and see who didn't get accepted anywhere.

Since there aren't any schools on the Roll Call thread that have more than 25 or so people accepted, I have to think that the number of people accepted who belong to/post on SDN is probably down below 20%.

Just my guess, though.

4. dumbguy

2+ Year Member

Now, my next question is what is the percent of those accepted going to decline their acceptance? I know it's going to be different for each school. Of course, SF will have a small percent of declines. But for UOP, anyone here know an estimate of how many will decline? If not, from last year and the year before?

5. dlinfiniti

10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    small sample size will pretty well invalidate any trends you can extrapolate from the data you obtain here

6. eelo

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Fifty percent. Absolutely. Without a doubt. You read it here first. I swear- I guarantee it.

Now, what are you going to do with that information? Did it help you or hurt you? Do you trust it?