What pod schools take the higher grade rather than avg. of a repeat course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Podiatrystudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which podiatry schools consider the higher of the grade for a course rather than averaging out the grades?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same question when I applied. I got a few responses from the schools. A few said they averaged the two and a few said they would consider the most recent grade. I would email/call the schools you are interested in and see. I bet if most take a look at your transcript and see that you re-took a few classes that you bombed in freshman year or something (and if you re-took them and did well) they will take that into account. It seems that there would be some mercy given for classes that you redeemed yourself in (going from an E to an A for example). However, it is always good to keep your GPA as high as possible and focus on doing really well on the MCAT, that will help you out.

Thank you for your response. If you dont mind me asking, are you currently a podiatry accepted student? If so, what podiatry school are you in and have been accepted to? And your gpa and mcat? Im trying to figure out my chances at this moment. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response. If you dont mind me asking, are you currently a podiatry accepted student? If so, what podiatry school are you in and have been accepted to? And your gpa and mcat? Im trying to figure out my chances at this moment. Thank you.

Around a 3.1 or so (overall and science), 27 on the MCAT. I'm a first year at DMU.