What PPE do you wear in the clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeinehigh

Dentist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At Colorado we were scrubs everyday and then when in clinic wear disposable yellow gowns that are 'splatter proof'. They are annoying and hot.

Do you wear something similar in your clinic? White lab coats? If so, whose responsibility is it to ensure that they are clean each day?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

At Pacific we wear business wear (Shirt, tie, slacks for guys) and a non-disposable clinic smock over that, which is cleaned by a service provided for by the school. They are also annoying and hot, but I doubt you're going to find any reports of OSHA approved PPE that isn't.

Who represents crocs

Members don't see this ad :)
At UTHSCSA we wear yellow disposable gowns.

crocs would probably be considered open toe and thus a no no at our school

crocs would probably be considered open toe and thus a no no at our school

They do come without the vents in the toe area and resemble the clogs that many people in hospitals wear.

At Pacific we wear business wear (Shirt, tie, slacks for guys) and a non-disposable clinic smock over that, which is cleaned by a service provided for by the school. They are also annoying and hot, but I doubt you're going to find any reports of OSHA approved PPE that isn't.

Same at Creighton, just a white "coat" that is cleaned. I'd rather wear scrubs but I guess tradition precedes infection control since I don't go home and wash my ties and shirts and dry clean my pants every day. :thumbdown:

Scrubs, disposable blue gowns, eyewear, mask, gloves, and closed toe and heel shoes(no holes and no mesh).