Veterinary What pre-vet courses should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am currently a sophomore at the university of Missouri and I am trying to set up my schedule so that I have the best chances of applying to most vet schools. I am very confused on which courses I need to be taking, I have looked at the lists of courses required by certain vet schools but I have no idea if what I am taking will fulfill it. Is there anyone who could help me with this?
You probably want to browse the Preveterninary Forum:

You probably want to virtually "visit" your preprofessional office also at Missouri:

And I realize that this is the school itself where you may want to also apply elsewhere, but this gives you a place to start on the courses. I would generally say that whatever the school requires for its own program, you ought to take at least that level if multiple levels are required.

Also, if that happens to be your name, I would recommend you change it to a handle due to getting unwanted attention.

The two classes that have quite a number of prerequisites are:
Biochemistry (the majors version) which requires Organic and General Chemistry at either the majors or professional levels (not a Fundamentals or Essentials, the standard course series).

Some upper level of biology, Physiology or Genetics in most programs which have their own prerequisites.

This is two years old, but probably still reasonably valid (you need to check the individual schools):

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.