What prep-OAT course is better to take?

shirazyterp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to start studying for the OAT's but it has been a while since I took all the pre-req classes. About 2-3 years ago I finished most of them and now i'm taking physics one of the last ones I needed. I been trying to look up classes to take for OAT's but there aren't too many options. Kaplan is one but i heard they are not so great. My friend gave me his MCAT review books from Kaplan. Do you think just reading them books is good enough or should I take the actual class? Is kaplan class any good or should I take somethiong else? (anyone can recomend anything?)

Babak

Members don't see this ad.

Don't take the class. If you have motivation and can study on your own, just get some review books and follow the OAT examinee guide so you know which ones to get. The class is over $1000 and I would never spend that much money on something like that. Don't worry about forgetting the material, just get the review books and things will come back to you. I was in the same position. I took the OAT in Feb of this year, my senior year, so I definitely had a lot of reviewing to do. I sat down and studied pretty hardcore for a little over a month, during my semester break. Good luck!

The class is great, but yeah if you're not up for the huge fee then it's definitely fine to study on your own if you have the motivation. The Kaplan materials are pretty good too, but make sure you get your hands on some practice tests - if anything those are what makes Kaplan's classes so helpful. Once you get the review material somewhat understood then just time yourself and take practice tests over and over again.