What question bank to use for USMLE Step III

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xyzyx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone share some advice on what question bank to buy for USMLE Step 3?

I finally signed up for Step 3... I put it off for way too long (mostly b/c I was broke and the test costs about $800).
I took Step 2 over 4 years ago and am out of touch with what study materials are good... Back in the day, I think the general consensus was that USMLE World was superior to Kaplan (for Step 2 at least), but maybe that has changed, or maybe there's even a totally new question bank out there?

May this be a lesson for others.... do Step 3 soon after Step 2 if you can help it... even if you have to borrow money. Now I have to relearn IM, Peds, OB Gyn over the next month... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, can anyone share some advice on what question bank to buy for USMLE Step 3?

I finally signed up for Step 3... I put it off for way too long (mostly b/c I was broke and the test costs about $800).
I took Step 2 over 4 years ago and am out of touch with what study materials are good... Back in the day, I think the general consensus was that USMLE World was superior to Kaplan (for Step 2 at least), but maybe that has changed, or maybe there's even a totally new question bank out there?

May this be a lesson for others.... do Step 3 soon after Step 2 if you can help it... even if you have to borrow money. Now I have to relearn IM, Peds, OB Gyn over the next month... :scared:

As many questions as possible. Kaplan is good. UW is ok. There are others like usmleconsult too. Do all of them. There is this new Qbank from Archer, no answers but they are free at www.usmlestep3blog.com . I would do all the questions from all sources ---more questions we practice the more likely it is that we can cover plenty of topics.

Hello. I am an IMG, whose applying this come match cycle. I am looking to take my step 3 to boost my application.

Would anyone recommend completing the step 2 CK qbank prior to starting the step 3 qbank (uworld for both)? I am looking to take step 3 in august.

Last edited by a moderator: