Kinnick06

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What questions do they ask at OMFS interviews?

Any Helpful Hints?

toofache32

15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
First, the obvious: "Why do you want to be an oral surgeon when you grow up?" Make sure you have an answer other than "chicks dig it" because you'll get asked that everywhere.

lionelhutz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2004
Status
How about the "why do you want to attend a 4 year program over a 6 year program (or vice versa)?"
I personally want to attend a 6 year program because I find med school attractive and I like the extra training. Is that enough? What the best way of saying that without offending anyone?

Yahtzee

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How about the "why do you want to attend a 4 year program over a 6 year program (or vice versa)?"
I personally want to attend a 6 year program because I find med school attractive and I like the extra training. Is that enough? What the best way of saying that without offending anyone?
It's good that you emphasize what you want "personally." This way you can reply to the 4/6 question without sounding like you are making a blanket statement of fact, which may not go over well.

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
Academic Administration
Last edited by a moderator:

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
Academic Administration
Have you had a personal experience with this?
My 3 big dates of 3rd year:

1) Match Day
2) Getting Married
3) Dr. Bryce is in charge of me

I have yet to order them in order of importance.

The Don

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2006
Status
Dental Student
I remember when applying to college or dental school they asked about specific grades, like if I had a C or something they would ask what happened. Do OMFS or any other residencies ask those types of things? Do they care about your specific grades or just the overall GPA?

servitup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
just the douche-bag med school admissions guy from Florida.