What R Stats for ACCEPTED Howard Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F/A-18

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accept Howard students could you post your stats? How hard is it to get in and those wait listed what R your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

For the 2000-2001 class, there were 5,079 applicants, 571 interviewed, and 106 enrolled. All 7 of the D.C. applicants interviewed enrolled. 99 of the 564 out-of-state applicants interviewed enrolled. I realize this does not answer the questions you asked. I could not find any info on average GPA/MCAT or number of acceptances granted. I did find some info on 1996 and 1997 GPAs by doing a Google search, but I assume that's too old to be of interest.

i got this info from someone else here on SDN a couple of months back so i dont know what yr its for or how reliable it is because i had never seen howard publish their stats. but the stats are:

GPA 3.14
V 7.9
P 7.6
B 8.1

Members don't see this ad :)
The GPA looks like the 96/97 data.

it is not as easy as people say - u still need to interview, take the mcat, etc.

i can tell you what a rejected application looks like:

(7V, 8P, 8B) - 2.80gpa from Duke University.

But I'm reapplying (after doing a post-bacc) for 2004, so they betta recognize

Yeah, dey betta.

I think if you can read and possibly write, you have an excellent chance to get admitted to Howard...its a joke of a med school along with Meharry...

I think if you can read and possibly write, you have an excellent chance to get admitted to Howard...its a joke of a med school along with Meharry...

Howard is not a joke of a med school. Ask anyone who has been rejected or waitlisted there, and they will tell you how difficult it is to be accepted there. With only 40% of people who apply to medical school gettin in anywhere, there are no joke medical schools, no safety schools, no bad schools, or whatever you want to call them. For you to insult people who did not get in by saying they cannot read or write, is very immature and insensitive, not to mention ignorant to how difficult this application process. BTW, I am seriously considering howard over schools like Sinai, Einstein, and Drexel because I, honestly, believe that it is a better fit for me, and will help me reach my goals.

Originally posted by alphabeta53

As soon as i think a statement on this message board could not get any worse, someone comes up with one that far exceeds my expectations. Your ability to ridicule others and put them down will surely take you very far in life. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bennet
As soon as i think a statement on this message board could not get any worse, someone comes up with one that far exceeds my expectations. Your ability to ridicule others and put them down will surely take you very far in life. :rolleyes:

Took the words out of my mouth. I think that HU is a historic institution of great academic excellence and it is really sad that someone had the audacity to say something so dumb. Trust me the interviews were just as rigorous as the IV leagues that I interviewed at and so is the selection process. I think it is all about personal fit with the school. I think that your confidence in medicine is a lot greater after training with some of world's best physicians (Black or white)! This is actually coming from someone whom HU lost her interview file and did not tell until like eight months later. Despite issues, it is a great academic institution!

Allenn,

Nope, no interview. They still havent rejected me officially yet either though. I completed my secondary back in November.....but they lost my LORs and didnt tell me about that until i called for an update sometime in February. I'm still waiting for them to tell me something.

whats it take to get a rejection LETTER around here?

Go Universidad del Caribe!!

I got accepted last week after my secondary was lost back in October.

3.50 overall, 3.44 sci
9V, 9P, 10B O

this isn't the first time alphabeta has shown his stupidity and ignorance. he has made a habit of trolling SDN and being an asswipe.

Originally posted by allenn
RLMD

will you be going to Howard or are you considering some where else

I am on the waitlist at Mount Sinai, and expecting to hear from Einstein sometime next week. I am leaning towards howard though because I am from DC, it would be a lot cheaper, and I like a lot of the changes they have been making recently to the curriculum and such.

I know it's an old thread, but BUMP!