Votes: 7 3.2%

• Total voters

daveyjwin

10+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2005
FL ,USA
Status
Attending Physician
Did you get your #1, or your #10? I'm sure I'm not the only curious one.

Be Honest.

Sep 6, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Looking at these numbers, I don't think you're going to get a good crossection; people who got there #1 are much more likely to post than those that scrambled.

Still be brave! Its anonymous :thumbup:

Aug 13, 2009
Status
If you ranked:

1) Program A (categorical)
2) Program A (advanced)
3) Program B
4) Program C...

and matched at B ... is that rank 2 or 3? (For the purposes of this thread, and for the purposes of the NRMP statistics?)

Icefrog

7+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2009
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
If you ranked:

2) Program A (advanced)
3) Program B
4) Program C...

and matched at B ... is that rank 2 or 3? (For the purposes of this thread, and for the purposes of the NRMP statistics?)
For the NRMP stats, it's rank 3.

thedrjojo

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Looking at these numbers, I don't think you're going to get a good crossection; people who got there #1 are much more likely to post than those that scrambled.

Still be brave! Its anonymous :thumbup:

I think you are wrong... so far the numbers pan out to be around them of the NRMP, 50% or so getting pick #1.

Sep 6, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the chart! I love being wrong when pleasantly surprised:) From other threads, would have expected the break down to be different. Again, good to be wrong in that instance. Congrats to all

civic4982

FM => Geri
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2003
Where "The stars at night, Are big and bright"
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Thanks for the chart! I love being wrong when pleasantly surprised:) From other threads, would have expected the break down to be different. Again, good to be wrong in that instance. Congrats to all
Yeah the data we have right now with 112 votes is almost identical to general population.

shift_roro

10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
If you ranked:

2) Program A (advanced)
3) Program B
4) Program C...

NRMP would count that as #3, but for the sake of this poll, I lumped categorical and advanced programs within the same institution as a single rank.

CyberKnife19

7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2010
Midwest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sorry to be the analytical one, but this poll obviously has to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt.

For example, I was ecstatic to match to my #2 choice in RadOnc, but would have been happy with my #10 choice. On the other hand, I had a friend who was livid b/c he got his #2 choice in Internal Medicine...just food for thought.

civic4982

FM => Geri
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2003
Where "The stars at night, Are big and bright"
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Sorry to be the analytical one, but this poll obviously has to be taken with the proverbial grain of salt.

For example, I was ecstatic to match to my #2 choice in RadOnc, but would have been happy with my #10 choice. On the other hand, I had a friend who was livid b/c he got his #2 choice in Internal Medicine...just food for thought.
This poll simply collects data on the number on the rank list in which someone matched. It has nothing to do with anyone's satisfaction with that match..

I don't see where all this analysis you're talking about is coming from? I don't think anyone else was trying to gather this data to say that people had a good or bad experience with the match or make any other extrapolation for people's happiness.

Labslave

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
This poll simply collects data on the number on the rank list in which someone matched. It has nothing to do with anyone's satisfaction with that match..

I don't see where all this analysis you're talking about is coming from? I don't think anyone else was trying to gather this data to say that people had a good or bad experience with the match or make any other extrapolation for people's happiness.
I think he/she was just trying to point out that it's much (MUCH) easier to get your #1 choice in the likes of family medicine than it is in derm.