What residency are you leaning toward?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. ophthalmology
2. Wilderness Medicine (actually more of a fantasy where I can travel all around the world kind of thing)
3. Peds
You can make your "fantasy" happen you know........ If you go the EM route (although you dont HAVE to), there are some really cool Wilderness fellowships at some ideal geographic locations. Land an academic position and you can go on trips traveling and be the next Survivor Man.

Members don't see this ad.

OMS-0:

1) Anesthesia
2) Ortho. Surgery
3) Radiology
4) Internal Medicine
5) Seppuku

For those of you who are interested in PM&R, what do you find appealing about the field? What type of exposure have you had so far?

Thanks again.

fozzy40

Members don't see this ad :)
MS-0

1.) Family Practice (rural)
2.) Ob/Gyn
3.) Internal Medicine

Been changing the priority but not the list for months.

1. FM
2. Neuro
3. IM/Neuro
4. EM -Wilderness Med
5. FM/EM

1. Internal Medicine
2. IM - Pulm/CC
3. IM - Cardiology

The funny thing is that most of you WILL change your minds MULTIPLE times!

Thats also what they said about my undergrad degree but I didn't. You're right statistically though so I'll give you that.

The funny thing is that most of you WILL change your minds MULTIPLE times!

I usually just say that I'll cross that bridge when I get there with speciality. I hate the question. Personally, I like watching surgeries and what not more but that is because watching someone think isn't too exciting.

Thats also what they said about my undergrad degree but I didn't. You're right statistically though so I'll give you that.

I can assure you that your undergrad experience is completely different. Once you become a third year, you may find that your "ideal" career requires you to do alot of things you may not want to do. Trust me, I know. Stay open to all possibilities

i'm not saying i won't stay open. I'm just tired of people trying to look smart by quoting stats that say we'll change our mind. We all know those stats. The whole point of the OP's question was to ask what people are currently interested in.

i'm not saying i won't stay open. I'm just tired of people trying to look smart by quoting stats that say we'll change our mind. We all know those stats. The whole point of the OP's question was to ask what people are currently interested in.

Well, truth be told it doesnt matter to me one bit whether or not you remain open. My choice has been made and Im quite happy with it. I was simply suggesting that most people WILL change their minds. It is a fact. You learn ALOT about what you TRULY like and dont like when you start rotations. Lastly, try getting through the first 2 years of medical school before attempting to come off as a complete DB.

Some people in this thread claim to want to go into a certain field (i.e. #1 choice) but can't even spell it correctly. -- opthomology? ophthomlogy?

Really? REALLY?

MS0

Peds- developmental/behavioral peds
Peds- neonatology
Neuro

MS0

1. Psych (Child and Adolescent)
2. Neuro
3. IM
4. Peds