What school are you attending next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IBMchic

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I thought it would be fun to find out where everyone is going next year and what offers they declined to attend the school of their choice. Since it was my idea I guess I will start.

Accepted
UMich
Columbia
UPENN
UCLA
USC
Boston U
Creighton
Temple

Waitlisted
Harvard

Flat out rejected by
U of Iowa
U of Washington

Will Attend
Probably UPENN or UCLA (I am a CA resident)

Well give as much or as little info that you wish. To all accepted congrats, to those who are waiting hang in there it is still early.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats IBMchic, you have some awesome options. I was accepted to U of Iowa and can't wait to start. It has been a long road for me----but well worth the journey. Congrats to all that have been accepted and for those that have not remain positive!

Hey Guys,
I am going to Nova next year, Great School, Great facilities, and great weather, cant beat that. The only drawback is that they are a new school without a reputation, but I am sure it will gain a good reputation very fast since it seems like a great school and most of the students that I talked to down there seemed very happy.
Ezat

Members don't see this ad :)
HI! I got into UCLA, UCSF, and UOP and I am debating on UCSF and UOP...I like the bay area. Any thoughts? I would love to hear them
Originally posted by IBMchic:
Hey Everyone,
I thought it would be fun to find out where everyone is going next year and what offers they declined to attend the school of their choice. Since it was my idea I guess I will start.

Accepted
UMich
Columbia
UPENN
UCLA
USC
Boston U
Creighton
Temple

Waitlisted
Harvard

Flat out rejected by
U of Iowa
U of Washington

Will Attend
Probably UPENN or UCLA (I am a CA resident)

Well give as much or as little info that you wish. To all accepted congrats, to those who are waiting hang in there it is still early.

Hey Ezat,
How was the interview at Nova?How were the people? How long after the interview do they notify you of acceptance? I want to go to Nova. Nova said they'd let me know in about a week whether or not I'll be called for an interview( I applied late).

Thanks,

Baron

Hey Guys,
I am going to Nova next year, Great School, Great facilities, and great weather, cant beat that. The only drawback is that they are a new school without a reputation, but I am sure it will gain a good reputation very fast since it seems like a great school and most of the students that I talked to down there seemed very happy.
Ezat
[/QUOTE]

Ib,
What did you like/ did not like about UPENN?
IRINA

Dr2b,
I wanted to ask you specifically about Iowa. It's really early in the game for me, but I am trying to find out as much as I can.
What was the interview like at Iowa? One interviewer? More than one? I have a while before I apply to dental school but I am an older student like you and I am trying to build up my life experiences and finish my undergraduate studies. Thanks!
If you want you could email me at [email protected]. I'd really like to know more about the whole process you went through for Iowa!