What School Should I Apply To?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringD0c

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know there are plenty of threads about this topic already, but I could really use some input and advice. I've already sent in a few applications, including some secondaries, and I want to add maybe one or two more schools to my list. Currently, I've applied to ACOM, VCOM-A, MSUCOM (probably won't submit secondary due to out of state), UNECOM, CUSOM, and KCUCOM. I'm wanting something more towards the northern parts of the nation, but I am a Southern resident, so I do not have a regional "bonus," so to speak.

My MCAT Score is a 508, sGPA 4.00, and cGPA 3.99. I don't have a ton of ECs, but I was a tutor for two years of college, I worked full-time my entire time while in college, currently work as an MA in an urgent care clinic, and have shadowed a DO, as well as an MD.

I was thinking CCOM or LECOM, but have no idea. What do you guys think would be my best chance, and what are some of the best schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I mean start with a list and we can cross off lol. You are competitive for all DO schools which you should know if you've done any kind of research. It is kind of up to you. For South, I would add NSUCOM, the texas Incarnate, BCOM, ARCOM also WCUCOM. No real reason not to add CCOM or LECOM unless you think you would not attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean start with a list and we can cross off lol. You are competitive for all DO schools which you should know if you've done any kind of research. It is kind of up to you. For South, I would add NSUCOM, the texas Incarnate, BCOM, ARCOM also WCUCOM. No real reason not to add CCOM or LECOM unless you think you would not attend.

I understand that I am competitive for most schools, I just wasn't sure which of them had preferences, like MSUCOM mostly accepting Michigan residents. I'm definitely interested in CCOM, but I didn't know my chances without a lot of research and my OOS status.

I understand that I am competitive for most schools, I just wasn't sure which of them had preferences, like MSUCOM mostly accepting Michigan residents. I'm definitely interested in CCOM, but I didn't know my chances without a lot of research and my OOS status.
CCOM is a private school, so you shouldn't have any issues.

Honestly with your stats man you're competitive for out of state acceptances. Apply to whatever programs interest you .

Thank you for the feedback everyone! I went ahead and went for CCOM, and hopefully between there and UNE COM, I'll get an acceptance! Even if it's from a Southern school as well :)

Nope, from the top of my head, MSU, OSU, Rowan, and Ohio U are public.
That's good to know. That also makes a lot of sense since those schools have a high IS preference. Is there a completely list of public/private D.O. schools somewhere on SDN?