• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

What School Should I Apply To?

AspiringD0c

2+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2017
  1. Medical Student
    Hello everyone,

I know there are plenty of threads about this topic already, but I could really use some input and advice. I've already sent in a few applications, including some secondaries, and I want to add maybe one or two more schools to my list. Currently, I've applied to ACOM, VCOM-A, MSUCOM (probably won't submit secondary due to out of state), UNECOM, CUSOM, and KCUCOM. I'm wanting something more towards the northern parts of the nation, but I am a Southern resident, so I do not have a regional "bonus," so to speak.

My MCAT Score is a 508, sGPA 4.00, and cGPA 3.99. I don't have a ton of ECs, but I was a tutor for two years of college, I worked full-time my entire time while in college, currently work as an MA in an urgent care clinic, and have shadowed a DO, as well as an MD.

I was thinking CCOM or LECOM, but have no idea. What do you guys think would be my best chance, and what are some of the best schools?

djtallahassee

2+ Year Member
    Mar 8, 2017
    1. Pre-Medical
      I mean start with a list and we can cross off lol. You are competitive for all DO schools which you should know if you've done any kind of research. It is kind of up to you. For South, I would add NSUCOM, the texas Incarnate, BCOM, ARCOM also WCUCOM. No real reason not to add CCOM or LECOM unless you think you would not attend.

About the Ads

AspiringD0c

2+ Year Member
      Jun 23, 2017
      1. Medical Student
        I mean start with a list and we can cross off lol. You are competitive for all DO schools which you should know if you've done any kind of research. It is kind of up to you. For South, I would add NSUCOM, the texas Incarnate, BCOM, ARCOM also WCUCOM. No real reason not to add CCOM or LECOM unless you think you would not attend.

I understand that I am competitive for most schools, I just wasn't sure which of them had preferences, like MSUCOM mostly accepting Michigan residents. I'm definitely interested in CCOM, but I didn't know my chances without a lot of research and my OOS status.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.