what school should I try to shoot for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmarkla1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty low gpa and I was wondering what schools in the U.S. should I look at? Are there any schools with a post-bac/masters programs that after a year or so if my gpa is good will automatically give me an interview? I already know pcom has a program like that but are there others?

Also if I go to a school out of country will I have a hard time getting a job in the U.S?

Members don't see this ad.

For good advice about schools, we need your GPA and MCAT.

As for masters programs, I know Loyola has a 1 year MPH program where if you have a 3.5 GPA in their program and 28 MCAT, they will guarentee an interview.

Some numbers would be helpful, but I have a 3.3 science and 3.5 overall. You can look at my MDApps to see where I applied and was accepted. Get an MSAR and look at the averages. Work hard on your MCAT, personal statements, ECs, and recs. Also make sure you look at what states don't like out of staters. I was lucky with Ohio schools because I was born there and sent letters in immediately after I submitted my apps.

Good luck but do some homework on your own.