What school to choose?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mito_cell

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I need advise on which school should I go to for International Dental studies?I am accepted at UOP/UIC and BU.
Which school should I prefer.I have to relocate in any of the case...according to my search,UOP is a very good school but the tuition is very high,BU is cheap but I am not sure about the clinical exposure and UIC is a bit expensive but good clinical experience.

Please guide me ...what should be my choice?I have to decide by this weekend.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Wherever is cheapest, or at least avoid the really expensive schools if it's an option. If anyone tells you not to concern yourself with the cost, go ask the question again on dentaltown.com.

My 2 cents.

(and congrats on your achievement)

Thanks SeaBass.I don't want to go to most expensive ones but if I pay 50K less with not much clinical experience,it does no good to me.

I'm confused between UOP/UIC.It would be great if anyone who graduated from these two schools or have friends there could comment.

Please guys,I need more opinions.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I should clarify I'm in Canada and there is little variation here between schools and clinical experience (or tuition except for 1). Dental school prepares you with general competency to which you can choose to enhance with CE or post grad. Is there truly that much difference between schools in the US? The idea of racking up these huge debts I read about when one has a less expensive option seems insane to me. Living like a student gets old fast. Hopefully a student at one of these US schools can give you insight but I don't see students at these cheaper schools expressing regret.

Al the best.

Thanks SeaBass.I don't want to go to most expensive ones but if I pay 50K less with not much clinical experience,it does no good to me.

I'm confused between UOP/UIC.It would be great if anyone who graduated from these two schools or have friends there could comment.

Please guys,I need more opinions.

Thanks
I personally know people who went to the cheapest schools and are doing very well in their practices now. Having said that, if you have options in your hand, I am totally in favour of a school with good clinical experience but if it's 50K more than the cheapest program, I would think twice.
You would have to weigh-in all the options yourself (finances, family, cost of living, growth in the area, residency option etc), but if you ask my opinion, in the long run its not going to make any difference b/n you and others.
Good luck! in whatever you choose.

hi mito_cell when you r interviewed in bu
Hi everyone!

I need advise on which school should I go to for International Dental studies?I am accepted at UOP/UIC and BU.
Which school should I prefer.I have to relocate in any of the case...according to my search,UOP is a very good school but the tuition is very high,BU is cheap but I am not sure about the clinical exposure and UIC is a bit expensive but good clinical experience.

Please guide me ...what should be my choice?I have to decide by this weekend.Thanks