What schools are easiest to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mekol07

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Per fee waiver, I can apply to 3 D.O. schools for free, then I need to dish out app fees and I'm broke already and I still have to pay for secondary app fees!

What schools are the easiest to get admitted in? Provided that there is no preference to in-state/out-of-state. I am thinking about applying to MSUCOM, LECOM, and PCOM. I don't know if LECOM and PCOM favor PA residents or not, does anyone know? What about NSUCOM (Nova)?

Members don't see this ad.

Per fee waiver, I can apply to 3 D.O. schools for free, then I need to dish out app fees and I'm broke already and I still have to pay for secondary app fees!

What schools are the easiest to get admitted in? Provided that there is no preference to in-state/out-of-state. I am thinking about applying to MSUCOM, LECOM, and PCOM. I don't know if LECOM and PCOM favor PA residents or not, does anyone know? What about NSUCOM (Nova)?

PCOM does favor in-staters, but there are plenty of OOS applicants that are interviewed and accepted.

If you can follow this line of reasoning...

~40% of in-state applicants (~1k total In-state applicants) are interviewed whereas <10% of OOS applicants are interviewed (~3k total OOS applicants). Out of both interview groups, if I remember correctly, about 70% are accepted. After that, it's a fairly even playing field... I left my stats up at my college apt, so I won't be able to give you exact figures...sorry.

I think you should rephrase your question to "Which 3 osteopathic medical colleges do I see myself attending, enjoying myself, getting a first-class educataion, and making life-long friends and colleagues"

Do you prefer a brand-spanking new school? A relatively new school? Or one that is more established?

Do you prefer city, suburban, or rural settings?

Do you prefer to travel to another part of the country for your clinical rotation or staying relatively close to school?

Does tuition and cost-of-living matter enough that you will pick one school over another?

Do you prefer schools with strict rules?

Also look at schools and their financial aid situation. Will a brand spanking new school (dependant on student tuition for operation) and a very small endowment provide the same type of financial aid package as an older established school with a larger endowment, larger alumni base, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Yes, those are great questions to ask. I mean if it was that easy, then I know where I want to go. However, those type of schools want really smart students with awesome GPA and MCAT scores. When you have lower grades, you need to take when you can get.

PCOM does favor in-staters, but there are plenty of OOS applicants that are interviewed and accepted.

If you can follow this line of reasoning...

~40% of in-state applicants (~1k total In-state applicants) are interviewed whereas <10% of OOS applicants are interviewed (~3k total OOS applicants). Out of both interview groups, if I remember correctly, about 70% are accepted. After that, it's a fairly even playing field... I left my stats up at my college apt, so I won't be able to give you exact figures...sorry.

One of my med cousins told me that PCOM does not favor in-staters. He resides in PA.

In general, the newer schools will be less selective than the more established schools.

MSUCOM has an instate preference....

I would say the easiest schools to get into right now are Touro-NV, DCOM, and that other new one....(ehh can't think of name), not because they are bad or anything like that, but because they are newer.