What schools are worth applying to this late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSwanaB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application has finally been verified and I have applied to MWU-IL, Iowa, and Creighton so far. I can only afford to apply to a few more schools and only want to apply to ones that would still be willing to interview/accept this late in the cycle.
STATS: cGPA 3.45, sGPA 3.5, AA 19, TS 20, PAT 17, RC 18, QR 16, Iowa resident, 1500 hours direct-patient care work experience, 80 hours shadowing, tons of leadership experiences, challenges overcame, etc.

Potential schools: UofL, Temple, Tufts, BU, USC, Western, Case, Kentucky, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan, ASDOH, MWU:AZ, Marquette, and NYU.

I would be willing to attend any of the schools, but I would like to eliminate as many as possible based on timing of application and stats. I have heard: Marquette is probably done interviewing; Case and MWU:AZ's interview spots are likely full. Any insight to confirm this information or suggestions for which of the other schools to exclude is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

My application has finally been verified and I have applied to MWU-IL, Iowa, and Creighton so far. I can only afford to apply to a few more schools and only want to apply to ones that would still be willing to interview/accept this late in the cycle.
STATS: cGPA 3.45, sGPA 3.5, AA 19, TS 20, PAT 17, RC 18, QR 16, Iowa resident, 1500 hours direct-patient care work experience, 80 hours shadowing, tons of leadership experiences, challenges overcame, etc.

Potential schools: UofL, Temple, Tufts, BU, USC, Western, Case, Kentucky, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan, ASDOH, MWU:AZ, Marquette, and NYU.

I would be willing to attend any of the schools, but I would like to eliminate as many as possible based on timing of application and stats. I have heard: Marquette is probably done interviewing; Case and MWU:AZ's interview spots are likely full. Any insight to confirm this information or suggestions for which of the other schools to exclude is appreciated.
Definitely not Case...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Detroit Mercy just started reviewing apps and they interview post december a lot

I would try Louisville if I were you.. They have remodeled their entire school and it's awesome. They have way more oos seats than UK, but you might as well try UK too. Since they only have about 17 spots, they usually take people from Idaho (for some reason, idk) and people with ties to KY (went to UK, have family here, etc).