What schools are you waiting on since you were complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctora Foxy

Meow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on 5 schools still, plus 2 on pre-interview hold.

Sinai, Miami, Jefferson, MCPHU, NYMC, on hold at Penn state and Albany

Do you guys have any feedback? Have any of you received invites form those schools lately?

I'm just anxiously waiting for the rejections.....

I think NYMC and MCP may be offering invites for a while though

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Doctora Foxy,

Thanks for the PM. I'm still waiting on Loyola, Tufts, NYMC, MCPHU, and Sinai.

The nice ladies in the adcom offices of Loyola and Hahnemann told me that my file was "thrown back to the re-evaluation pool," so I guess there's still hope (as you can see, I'm very optimistic) :wink: .

About NYMC: my boyfriend got an invite from them this Wednesday (4/3) and was scheduled for a May 1/2/3 interview. He says that those might be the last days that NYMC interviews, so people waiting til now might not get invited anymore.

I'm still hopeful, though... :)

No word from Sinai and on hold at Penn State

Members don't see this ad :)
No word from Wright State. Hold at Penn State. Wake Forest told me I'm in the second interview pool and they may or may not get to me.

still on hold at rush, albany, penn st. haven't heard a thing f/ mt. sinai, nymc.

Still on hold at Rush. :( For those on hold at Rush, I called today, and the lady said that you should hear by April 30th. Good luck!

Waiting on Loyola, MCO, and Penn State.

Sinai, Tufts, Boston, UVM, Hopkins, and Creighton, although I'm willing to bet they are all rejections.

Well I?m getting interviewed at Mt Sinai on April 25 and is currently on the pre-interview HOLD list at SUNY Downstate. I?m still waiting to hear from New York Medical, and Howard Medical School.

Congrats, Fernj7. Sinai is an awesome school! I'm still waiting on them myself, but I guess they say that if you don't hear from them by end of second week, you're pretty much screwed for Sinai. O vell! :p

Good luck!

I still have NYMC, UMiami, Meharry, and Penn State (hold for interview) to hear from. I've been complete at all those schools since Dec or Jan. Hopefully I hear from them soon.

Fernj75 , I sent you a PM regarding downstate...

Thanks Spam, I sent your a PM.

The last of my 15 schools is Sinai. Will they kindly send me my rejection so I'm done with this app cycle!

Not trying to be mean, but I think that if you haven't gotten an interview at UMiami by now I think it is safe to say that you will probably be rejected. They will stop interviewing in a little less than two weeks. Since they invite people to interview through the mail, I think they have invited everyone already. Hey, maybe there still is a chance, but I wouldn't hold on to much hope.

Still haven't heard from:
MCW
Finch/Chicago Med
Pre-Int Hold:
Penn St.

Ok guys this is the info for a few of the schools in question:
I am preinterview hold at Penn St: their last interview date is his friday.
Thomas Jeff stopped interviewing 2 weeks ago.
Rush is RUSHING through the preinterview holds right now.
Albany : awefully rude about telling me that my preinterview hold status still stays that way.
MCPHU: they only work through the preinterview holds if they want to interview more.
Loyola: still looking through applicants and will take some time.
Lastly, for all thouse waiting on ST Louis: they had a super big meeting this wednesday and rejections (preinterview) will be going out soon.

THI IS WHAT I HAVE HEARD (I SPEND THIS ENTIRE WEEK CALLING THE ADMISSIONS OFFICES).
SO, THIS IS MY STORY AND I AM STICKING TO IT.

I am still waiting on three schools: NYMC, Penn State (preinterview hold), and Sinai. Been complete since Jan and Dec at all of these schools. May have a shot at NYMC, but I won't hold my breath for the other two. :mad: :p

ok, so it seems like we are all waiting on many of the same schools. Either they are waiting to send out rejections, or they are still actively considering applications to send out invites. I think MCP will be the last to notify us since they will interview for a while.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully we can squeeze some more interviews out of them! :D