What schools can I get into? 3.96 cGPA 506 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

porcupine225

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what my chances are of getting into a medical school. Also, I am looking for advice on what schools I could most likely get interviews at.

-3.96 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA
-506 MCAT
-CA resident
-Hispanic/Latino

I didn't do as well as I wanted to on the MCAT, but I am hoping that I won't have to retake it and that I'll be able to get in somewhere. Any advice on where to apply/what my chances of are of getting in to a medical school would be helpful! I am planning on applying to ~25 schools max.

Members don't see this ad.

Which Hispanic group are you a member of ? Are you fluent in Spanish? Do you have any clinical volunteering hours or shadowing hours?

Which Hispanic group are you a member of ? Are you fluent in Spanish? Do you have any clinical volunteering hours or shadowing hours?
Mexican, yes I am fluent in Spanish, and yes I have about 200 hours of clinical volunteering, about 100 hours patient exposure and about 50 hours of shadowing. All of my clinical volunteering has been at free clinics that serve the hispanic community.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all your CA UC schools and consider all these:
Georgetown
GW
Tulane
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Boston University
Tufts
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson

Apply to all your CA UC schools and consider all these:
Georgetown
GW
Tulane
Creighton
St. Louis
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Boston University
Tufts
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Thanks for that advice. Would there be a decent chance that I could get interviews and possibly get accepted to a school on my 1st cycle with the stats I have now?

Thanks for that advice. Would there be a decent chance that I could get interviews and possibly get accepted to a school on my 1st cycle with the stats I have now?
Yes, your GPA is excellent and Mexican Americans are URM so you should receive several interviews, including the CA schools. Apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July.