What schools do not accept september mcat??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imnastywitit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! First time long time. I am told that 'a little less than half a dozen' schools do not accept the september mcat. But I'm not sure how to find out which ones they are, and don't want to go through the trouble of checking with every school I am applying to (since there are just so many lol).

Anywho, I took the July 17th, and it went pretty well, but I'm thinking of signing up for the september 4th just as an 'insurance policy' incase something went wrong during the test. I am told that I am going to have to be a little sly in how I work this; when I submit my aamcas (which I'm probably doing on Monday) I have to NOT click on retaking the mcat, because if I do they won't consider my app till they have my new score. Then what I am to do is get my July 17th score on August 18th, and then if it's not good, immediately alert schools that I am retaking. If it is good, I can just cancel before the August 20th cancellation deadline. Does that plan sound about right?

Members don't see this ad.

Please use the search function, I know there is a thread somewhere because I read it last month.

A few of the schools I remember are: Tulane, Howard, SIU and a few other schools I don't plan on applying to anyway.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, thx for the input, can anyone comment on the strategy I outlined in my second paragraph? Will that work at all?

Always plan on taking the MCAT once and only once. If it were me and I was getting practice scores around the range I wanted then I wouldn't sign up for the Sept 4th date, but then again that's just me and I'm not someone who gets rattled easily. If you go in with confidence, calmness, and have your timing down then you will get around or above your practice scores. Remember this is a chance you prove yourself to medical schools. I'm not sure about the rest of the paragraph though, I suppose it's up to you to see if you want to possibly waste the money or if you think you won't be prepared.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

wait so just to make sure.. if I sign up for a retake, they will still grade my july 17th, and this will not at all effect the release of my scores, right?

It won't but honestly just plan to take it once and give it your all. If your practice scores are there and you're calm and composed then you will hit your averages. No use in taking it twice and getting both low scores. In a recent thread someone did this and she did very well and a lot better than she thought and now has to wait for her scores because she took the second test without looking at her score before deciding. I know that's not your situation but it goes to show that nothing should be decided upon as to if you should retake or not until you get your score no matter how you feel about the test.

Hope this helped,

-LIS