What schools offer PharmD for a licensed Pharmacist with BS degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SyrianPharmD

Dream ofCalifarmacycation
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in california and I am looking to complete my PharmD, I graduated with a BS in pharmacy.
I have a friend who is doing his PharmD online while working full time, and he said it should take couple of years to finish!
I just wanted to see what are my options? and how much does it cost?
What are the advantages of having a PharmD compared to BS ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am in california and I am looking to complete my PharmD, I graduated with a BS in pharmacy.
I have a friend who is doing his PharmD online while working full time, and he said it should take couple of years to finish!

Thanks
are this pharm D online programs worth the hassle at all.
Are they recognized ??
Wud u still be considered a real Pharmacist No Bias NO B.S

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks

Just where did you graduate with a BS in Pharmacy? I thought they discontinued this and the last class to graduate with BSs was in 2002.

There are a few respectable online PharmD programs for those with a BS in pharmacy already like MCPHS/Shenadoah... to name a few. Look around.

are this pharm D online programs worth the hassle at all.
Are they recognized ??
Wud u still be considered a real Pharmacist No Bias NO B.S

These online PharmD programs are for those with preexisting BS in Pharmacy. You can't just get a PharmD from any online program, but one that has been approved by ACPE if you meet their requirements.

Thanks

This is a weird question. First, you said you "have a friend who is doing a PharmD online while working full time...". Second, you asked us for advice. Isn't that kinda weird? Why don't you ask that friend of yours who is doing it. Wouldn't you get better insights from that 'friend' of yours? hmmm....?

These online PharmD programs are for those with preexisting BS in Pharmacy. You can't just get a PharmD from any online program, but one that has been approved by ACPE if you meet their requirements.

uhh Thanks 4 the info...........

Idaho State University has an online program for People with a BS in Pharmacy seeking their PharmD. go to www.ISU.edu and go to "colleges and departements" then go to " College of Pharmacy" then "non-traditional" students.

Good Luck!

I'm curious. What do graduates of this program get? A PharmD to REPLACE their BSPharm, or a PharmD IN ADDITION to their BSPharm?