What schools to avoid if I have 61 CC credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey all,

So I received an AA in liberal arts (61 credits) from a community college because it was cheaper then I transferred to a 4-year university and took ALL my prerequisites there. I received A's in all of my science courses except for anatomy & physiology 1 and 2 (got B's).

Which schools should I avoid applying to with these CC credits?

Members don't see this ad.

Right off the bat, I believe Tufts and University of Boston require that all your science pre-reqs be taken at a 4 year institution.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're going to need to research every school before you apply.

I think I have 77 CC credits? I'm not even sure to be hones. Like they said earlier, I don't think Boston or Tufts will accept any, but if a school says "Will only accept 60 CC credits" you can still apply. That just means you still need to take like 60 University credits by the time you finish your bachelor's degree. Correct me if I'm wrong?

The original post said he/she took ALL prerequisites at a 4 year school, therefore it doesn't matter how many CC credits you have. As long as all your pre reqs were at a 4 year school you can apply anywhere they won't care

The original post said he/she took ALL prerequisites at a 4 year school, therefore it doesn't matter how many CC credits you have. As long as all your pre reqs were at a 4 year school you can apply anywhere they won't care

Mostly correct, you still need to have enough credits at a 4 year school for many dental schools, outside of your pre-reqs. Say at a school like Nebraska, they only take 30 CC credits, since you need 90 credits to apply to dental school, if you don't have 60 credits from your 4 year school, you will have to wait to apply, even if you have the extra 31 credits from the CC.