What should a dentist LOR say?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makushin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tommorow I will be asking my dentist for a LOR. He's a prostho, who did alot of work on me about 10-12 years ago, and I've seen every few years since. I shadowed him for one day last summer, but I feel he knows me better then the other dentists I shadowed because of my history, although he doesn't really know me personally. If you're curious, I lost 8 teeth when I was 13 and have had had about every dental procedure available performed on me.

How have you folks approached dentists for the LOR? How detailed should this be, and what is it expected to include? I'm nervous about it because it's probably less routine for him then it is for professors. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Bring up the idea the same way you did here. Present to him that you believe that he should be personally aware of your experiences as a child ..that would eventually motivate you to become a dentist. He will be a good recommendation.

Well, I got the letter today, it was suprisingly easy! They even emailed me a copy of it to review, but it looked good the way it was. Took a total of an hour from walking in there to getting the email. Whew... now I can just keep my fingers crossed and wait for an interview!

Well, I got the letter today, it was suprisingly easy! They even emailed me a copy of it to review, but it looked good the way it was. Took a total of an hour from walking in there to getting the email. Whew... now I can just keep my fingers crossed and wait for an interview!

good luck!