What should do/How am I doing??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phlebotomer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post!:eek:

I REALLLYYY want to go to WesternU cuz it's near home and I want to stay in California in the future... just wondering, how am I doing and what else should I do??

I'm a sophomore at a Private University in Hawaii majoring in Marketing. I only took a couple science courses so far (Gen bio I&II, CHem I&II). My cumulative gpa is only 3.2 and science is 3.0...

I was away from school for 2 years and will be going back this fall semester. I'm pretty confident that I can raise my GPA, how much? I have no idea but I know I'll do better for my last 2 years..

ECs: lots of non-medical volunteers in many different programs (church, sports, community, etc..)

clinical experience: phlebotomist for couple months(just recently got the license)
Volunteer at hospital: 100 hours(to be honest, only did it just because I HAD to..)
Shadowing: Only one Family practice MD

As long as I get into any medical school I'll be really happy but... WEstern U is my first choice. Any advice on what I should be doing besides raising my gpa and shadowing a DO??? ThankS!!

Members don't see this ad.

You're very early on to be considering just DO school. However, if your goal is WesternU, you should try to establish contact with them and see if they can help you. Also, leadership experience is a plus.