What should girls bring to an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monbon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just trying to get a general idea of if you plan to bring either a purse, a portfolio type folder with a notepad, or just a sort of messenger bag to your interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey ladies,

Just trying to get a general idea of if you plan to bring either a purse, a portfolio type folder with a notepad, or just a sort of messenger bag to your interview? Thanks!

i saw most of the ladies carrying purses at the interview i just went to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ladies,

I'm going with purse + padfolio. The purse for personal items, money, etc. The padfolio in case I need to jot something down, and so I'll have a place to carry a copy of my applications and such.

I'm debating between a regular purse or a larger bag that I could put a folder and pad type thing in along with my other stuff. I'm not sure yet what I will go with. I really like hte bigger one, but I don't have a picture of it to post to get ideas.

I'm debating between a regular purse or a larger bag that I could put a folder and pad type thing in along with my other stuff. I'm not sure yet what I will go with. I really like hte bigger one, but I don't have a picture of it to post to get ideas.

I brought a purse that was large enough to fit all my papers in and it worked really well. I actually could fit a pair of comfy shoes in there too which was also useful.

I brought a purse that was large enough to fit all my papers in and it worked really well. I actually could fit a pair of comfy shoes in there too which was also useful.

I guess that's what mine might be, only it has more structure than I consider a normal purse to have. It's just plain black leather, I guess a tote maybe? It's a bit bigger borderwise than a notepad and not very wide. I'm hoping that will be fine.

I guess that's what mine might be, only it has more structure than I consider a normal purse to have. It's just plain black leather, I guess a tote maybe? It's a bit bigger borderwise than a notepad and not very wide. I'm hoping that will be fine.
That sounds similar to what I'm bringing. I figure it will have plenty of space to carry a copy of my application, directions to the place, bottle of water, umbrella if it's raining, wallet, cell phone, breath mints, chapstick...yes I'm a bit anal :D

That sounds similar to what I'm bringing. I figure it will have plenty of space to carry a copy of my application, directions to the place, bottle of water, umbrella if it's raining, wallet, cell phone, breath mints, chapstick...yes I'm a bit anal :D

Heh, sounds like me. Also, throw in a lip gloss, hair brush, nail polish remover pad (in case my manicure chips during the day, I'd rather no polish than chipped), extra pair of knee highs, hand lotion (I get dry skin easily), and my good luck charm. I never understood how my guy friends went on interviews with nothing but their wallet and car keys.