What should I be scoring on the AAMC CARS Q packs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatic543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I am going through the AAMC CARS question pack 1, and I am at 50/85.

I am doing around 3 passages per day under timed conditions (10 min a passage), and thoroughly checking my answers at the end of each passage.

I am finding the second half more doable, and when I took this two years ago, I got a 63/120, which I'm 100% sure I will surpass.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say >80% for the CARS Q-packs would put you in a good spot.
That being said, the first few passages of Q-pack CARS-1 are notoriously difficult. Don't sweat it.

So far I am going through the AAMC CARS question pack 1, and I am at 50/85.

I am doing around 3 passages per day under timed conditions (10 min a passage), and thoroughly checking my answers at the end of each passage.

I am finding the second half more doable, and when I took this two years ago, I got a 63/120, which I'm 100% sure I will surpass.

What score are you aiming for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like you're getting about 3 wrong per passage; try to bring that down to 2 and you'll be solid

Do you know how many questions I can miss and still end up with 125+ on cars? I'm practicing right now but I don't exactly know what to aim for.

So if I miss about 3 questions per passage, I end up with 124? should I aim for missing at maximum 2 questions per passage?

Do you know how many questions I can miss and still end up with 125+ on cars? I'm practicing right now but I don't exactly know what to aim for.

So if I miss about 3 questions per passage, I end up with 124? should I aim for missing at maximum 2 questions per passage?

this is the scale the Q packs are based on. A 125 converts to an 8 or higher on the old exam. in that case you want >60% correct overall on the AAMC q-packs for CARS