What should I bring on test day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supergenius310

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is stupid, but how many forms of ID do prometric test centers require? I have a driver's license and passport...do I need to bring both? Anything else besides a light snack/drink and maybe extra layers in case it is cold?

Members don't see this ad.

I brought my student ID and driver's license. I believe they require 2 forms of ID. Bring plenty of quarters for metered parking, if necessary.

I know this is stupid, but how many forms of ID do prometric test centers require? I have a driver's license and passport...do I need to bring both? Anything else besides a light snack/drink and maybe extra layers in case it is cold?

Bring all those things mentioned. I'd also call the Prometric center to verify everything needed.

I also recommend an earplug and a bottle of champagne to celebrate after you destroy this bi***

Members don't see this ad :)
SO. You will need:
  • 2 forms of government ID, but one needs a signature. I brought my license and passport.
  • Bring something to eat and drink during the break. I brought a Cliff Bar and a bottle of water. The bar is small enough that I could scarf it down quick enough. Although, my testing center had the lockers in the waiting room so the people waiting (and the testing center lady) looked at me funny as I ate my snack like an animal. Yeah, that's right testing center lady. There IS food and water on my face. I don't care.
  • You may bring a sweat shirt or something. It's best to ask them if it's cold in the room because apparently you CAN have a sweat shirt but you NEED to be wearing it at all times. The lady got all salty if I asked her if I could take it in while not wearing it.
  • I would say you would NOT be able to bring your own ear buds or headphones. I just used the noise canceling ones there.
  • Prepare to end your break five plus minutes early. If there are other people waiting, be mindful of this because they each individually take 2 minutes-ish to get back in. You will need to sign in again and get finger printed and all that fun stuff. I'm not sure if Fort Knox has this much security. It's everything just short of a cavity search.

Lastly, prepare to kill it. Go in there with the mindset that you are going to come out as the winner. You have done EVERYTHING you could possibly do. Just go in there with a calm mindset, eat something before (not not something to make you sleepy), and just destroy.

G'luck!

At my prometric center, a credit card with a signature on the back is considered a form of ID along with License.