Mar 8, 2013
Status
I been out of school for some time and would like to brush up on the fundamentals like o-chem. Im a bio and chm premed major but will be a bit rusty when school rolls around. What undergrad classes will help me out the most before the D1 year and why.

tandem7

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
You could always re-take the pre-reqs or audit them at a local college.

Apr 13, 2011
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
I've wondered this myself and the advice I've gotten from dentists, dental students, dental school faculty members, physicians, etc is --

HAVE FUN WHILE YOU CAN! :hardy::asshat:

I understand that you might think of yourself as a little rusty, but it'll come back full swing once dental school starts.

Reactions: n1003

sgv

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I took gross in college so I already knew how to tackle studying it in dental school. Brush up on Biochem. OChem didn't come up for me so I don't know why people made it out to be a big deal in college.

Cram in as much fun as you can! Make a detailed schedule of how you'll spend every hour of your last summer. It'll keep your time budget skills in check and make you as happy as possible! Come with an emptied mind ready to be enlightened drink out of a fire hydrant til your eyes pop out.

Last edited:

sgv

5+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I lol'd at title, nice pun.
OP = you need to extract all the useless general chem and o chem from college out of your system and implant as much anatomy and physiology as you can in dental school. etch this into your brain: doing well in dental school is a composite of hard work, time management, commitment, and knowing when to work hard and play hard. this is more important than any amalgam of basic science knowledge that you bring to dental school. brace yourself.

Reactions: free99
Jan 28, 2013
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You'd be crazy to do any sort of academic work (other than finishing your degree) before Dschool starts. Go out and have fun for once.

Longcatislong

7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2010
Status
Dental Student
I took gross in college so I already knew how to tackle studying it in dental school. Brush up on Biochem. OChem didn't come up for me so I don't know why people made it out to be a big deal in college.

Cram in as much fun as you can! Make a detailed schedule of how you'll spend every hour of your last summer. It'll keep your time budget skills in check and make you as happy as possible! Come with an emptied mind ready to be enlightened drink out of a fire hydrant til your eyes pop out.
Can't tell if this guy/girl is being sarcastic...