Medical What should I do about AMCAS hours mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a friend recently told me that my hours for my research entry was "too even" so I went back to recalculate it by looking at what records I had, and realized I only have written proof of 33 days of summer work when I calculated my total with 45 days. I also overestimated the number of weeks that I worked during the school year, I calculated my total with 37 weeks when I now think the accurate number is 34 weeks. The total hours discrepancy is 140 hours and I am wondering if I should reach out to all the schools I have applied to and report this? When I submitted my application I was told that a good faith estimate was acceptable based on hours/week x # of weeks (which I did), but am now wondering if this discrepancy will be viewed as misrepresentation?? I am panicking because that was not my intention at all and I would like to rectify and salvage my application if possible. I have completed all of my secondaries already, but have no interview invitations so if action is needed I would like to do so before it is too late. *** I realize I could also be neurotic but I want to err on the side of caution and am seeking expert advice. Thank you in advance for any help!!
+1 for neurotic.

Don't worry about this.
Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to quell my anxiety. I think I was especially on edge because my lab mentor would have no record of the number of hours I worked, and I also don't have a LOR from this experience (it occurred over 3 years ago + I didn't have a project). This gives me a little bit of hope. I would still love input from others who also have insight regarding this situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.