Medical What should I do about low CARS score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my scores back today and had an overall score of 513 with a low CARS score. Grade distribution (129,124,129,131). I have an overall GPA of 3.85 and sGPA 3.80 and a good amount of clinical hours, research, scribing and volunteering hours. I need advice on how to go about my low CARS score. Is it worth shooting my shot for schools that have a 10th CARS percentile of 126 and 127 even though I fall between their range for MCAT scores. I immigrated to US at age 18 and I'm aware being an ESL and not an excuse for a low CARS score. Should I consider retaking my exam if my CARS is 124? Do schools really screen out based on CARS? Any advice would be appreciated. TIA
CARS gets cut the most slack. Keep your eyes on that fine 513 score.

Do NOT retake!

I recommend the following schools:
Rochester
U Cincy (maybe)
Ohio State (maybe )
Albert Einstein (maybe)
U IA
UCF (maybe)
U ILL
NYU-LI
Pitt (maybe)
Hofstra
Dartmouth
U CO
Emory
U WI
U VM
Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
Wayne State
MCW
NYMC
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Creighton
George Washington
Georgetown
Tulane
Loyola
Netter
Oakland-B
Western MI
Seton Hall
Your state school(s).
Nova MD
Kaiser if you’re from CA
TCU/UNT
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Any DO program. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.