Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

"What should I do about my MCAT SCORE" Thread?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by yaoming315, Feb 28, 2007.

1. yaoming315

yaoming315 2+ Year Member

Feb 28, 2007
    4vr, 11ps, 12 bio. I have never made below a 6 on verbal in my practice tests, and usually fluctuate between a 7-10. i wanted to take the jan mcat so i can send my stuff in as soon as TMDSAS open up. Do you guys think i should still send it in as soon as it opens up and then retake it and note on my application, or wait till i get a new score? I really would hate to study for the mcat again because of verbal. any help would be appreaciated. thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. UMP

UMP Recovered Under-Achiever 7+ Year Member

Aug 27, 2004
    4 on VR is a deal breaker IMHO... even if english is your second language they'd want to see that score at 7-8 at a minimum. Retake ASAP

4. mshheaddoc

mshheaddoc Howdy Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Wild west of Mistytown
    moving to "what are my chances" thread ....

With a 4 you need to take a retake IMHO, sorry :( edit: I just read that you were in the "error" group thread. You might want to contact schools you are interested in to see what they say about that ... but I imagine you'll have to retake.