What should I do during the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't want to be home for the summer. I spent a year so far. I may plan to do Americorp. It starts late May. What?

Members don't see this ad.

You're a little late for most programs.

Why not volunteer somewhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want live at home this summer. Are there volunteering programs that fit what I want?

You could always fight for your right to party.

What should I do during the summer?
You can start by reading the 10 other threads about this topic

Plenty of shelters out there that will take you in. That'll show mom and dad...

I just want to study for my MCAT and not deal with the criticism from my family. Be a nurse blah, blah, . I can't make it. You pretending to study .... I dealt with it last summer and did not do well.

That will not solve the problem and it will just be another reason to criticize me.
um 'kay.

so is there someone you can board with? can you go do something useful during the day to keep you out of the house?

I just want to study for my MCAT and not deal with the criticism from my family. Be a nurse blah, blah, . I can't make it. You pretending to study .... I dealt with it last summer and did not do well.

Study outside of the house. Local universities let you use the library, but you might have to pay for parking. IHOP is open late and serves you coffee. Border's is usually quiet. If your parents are as bad as they seem, studying at home is probably not the best option. Other than that, you could always get a part-time job to stay out of the house. hang out with friends... that sort of thing.

Americorp is an option for me.

Americorp is an option for me.

So why don't you go do a Google search on it, instead of shooting down every option people have given you? If you know that's what you want to do, why are you asking people on SDN only to say a simple "no" to everything?