Medical What should I do for LOR when 2 professors that said they would write it, now wont?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two of the professors I was counting on for letters of recommendation have now turned me down while I’m in the process of applying to medical school. Both agreed to write a letter for me when I took their course junior year, but admittedly, I have not kept up the relationship like I should have. I purposely took a gap year before applying so it has been two years since I interacted with them frequently. I guess I should have obtained the letters then and just asked for a date update at this time, but I did not and I’m learning the hard way. I also didn’t have a backup plan as I should have. Another hard lesson learned. What do I do now? Both of these were the science letters I need. I’m starting to worry quite a lot. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.
Hard situation. The only other alternative is to ask other professors you have had decent relationships with.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the answer to the question, "Why did my former prehealth advisees told to identify five (or more) potential references before beginning their application (if you don't have a prehealth institutional committee process that requires you to do this anyway)?" You hopefully already have strong relationships with other faculty who could write you letters. If you don't, then this is an issue that hopefully will not be reflected in the letters you will have attached to your file that screeners and faculty will ultimately skim.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.